theory of personality based on archetypes

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
PadmaVonSamba

Re: theory of personality based on archetypes

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Kimani wrote: Tue May 07, 2013 2:58 am Do you see any benefit to my system? I think it helps you / acts as a guide in understand how your unconscious / subconscious mind works. It brings it to the surface and gives you an understanding of how you approach the world around you. How you would approach careers and people and what strengths and weaknesses you have that best allow you to do this.
Way too long to read.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

Well the test is a lot smaller than it used to be

It was cut in half by people I worked with

It was twice as long probably last time I was here

My work in some ways is a Broader version of the Myers Briggs
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Isn’t Jung just total pseudo-mystical BS, though?
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

Well you don’t have to look at my work that way.

You can just look at it as a classification diagnostic system like the Myers Briggs or the enneagram.

That’s another angle to it but not the only angle.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Information: This topic was started in 2013.
Moderation accepts this contravention against our ToS, because this is a borderline case. Splitting the topic wouldn't make any sense.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Kimani wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:09 am Well you don’t have to look at my work that way.

You can just look at it as a classification diagnostic system like the Myers Briggs or the enneagram.

That’s another angle to it but not the only angle.
Sure, I'm not saying that's also true of your work, but if someone builds a house on a swamp, should you spend time considering whether to rent the house?

There are a lot of classification systems out there, Myers-Briggs itself was based on Jung too if I remember correctly. I'm not sure any of them are much better than any of the others, they're really a conversation-starter at best.
Kimani

Post by Kimani »

Well I’ve said before to people that Hubbards original ideas as far as dianetics are very forward thinking. His beliefs and views about the mind that he wrote about in his Dianetic belief system is interesting stuff .

But then in a greedy effort to turn a profit he decided to twist and change those beliefs and turn it in a science fiction / fantasy direction and what we got was the swamp that is known as Scientology

Return to “Lounge”