how to discard objects

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
jet.urgyen

how to discard objects

Post by jet.urgyen »

Hi folks,

years ago thieves went into my parent's house and in their doing they "sniffed" my gf's vajra and mala. she was beginning to practice so i told her not to use them. but time passed and this objects are still set apart now here at my home. i want to get new implements to replace them.

how should i get rid of the first ones?

please abstain from the "don't give it too much importance" kind of commentary.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Sādhaka

Re: how to discard objects

Post by Sādhaka »

The following Gompa used to let you send them ritual implements for them to dispose of; and you just would leave a donation or similar

https://sakyatemple.org/disposal-of-unn ... materials/

Yet the link is no longer working; therefore you may have to email them to see if they still do it
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Sniffed?
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

You can bury them in the ground somewhere where they won't be disturbed. You can put them in a cave or in a cleft or defile in a mountain. You can put them in a container and submerge them in a lake or the ocean.. You can place them under a cairn of rocks. You can put them in a stupa.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

pemachophel wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:33 pm You can bury them in the ground somewhere where they won't be disturbed. You can put them in a cave or in a cleft or defile in a mountain. You can put them in a container and submerge them in a lake or the ocean.. You can place them under a cairn of rocks. You can put them in a stupa.
this solves it, thank you Lama Pema.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

jet.urgyen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:37 pm
pemachophel wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:33 pm You can bury them in the ground somewhere where they won't be disturbed. You can put them in a cave or in a cleft or defile in a mountain. You can put them in a container and submerge them in a lake or the ocean.. You can place them under a cairn of rocks. You can put them in a stupa.
this solves it, thank you Lama Pema.
things went perfect. thank you Lama Pema.

Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

Sādhaka wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:12 pm The following Gompa used to let you send them ritual implements for them to dispose of; and you just would leave a donation or similar

https://sakyatemple.org/disposal-of-unn ... materials/

Yet the link is no longer working; therefore you may have to email them to see if they still do it
They don’t do this anymore. I emailed them earlier this year.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”