Divination for better health

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
嘉赫 Name in Chinese

Divination for better health

Post by 嘉赫 Name in Chinese »

Hello, please I'm looking for a divination. I have a severe health problem, which I would like to heal (or lessen its impacts on my life - financial issues it caused, etc.). I want to help the healing process (or removing obstacles) by a dharma practice, so a divination would be really helpful. Please if you know any teacher/practitioner giving divinations for better health, whom I can ask for a divination, send me a PM. I'll be very gratefull. Thank you in advance.
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Divination for better health

Post by kirtu »

As far as I can tell this is the only legitimate organization with a legitimate lama associated with them that offer Mo divination online:

https://www.ripaladrang.org/donate/divinations/

Mahasiddha.org also offers extensive prayers but no Mo divination as far as I have seen.

Having said that, you could email a Tibetan Buddhist organization with a good lama and ask if they might do a Mo or other divination for your circumstance.

For example, Lama Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche was a great Mahasiddha who did offer something close to public divination (except that in reality these were mostly for students of his and not truly people off the street kind of divination). However he rested his intent almost seven years ago.
It might be that his Dharma Heirs might possibly still do divination esp. for your purpose, but I do not know (in general Buddhist divination is not often offered or advertised). You can try to contact them at https://www.saraswatipublications.org/

Another option is the venerable Men-Tsee-Khang Tibetan Medical and Astro Institute who will do a horoscope for you that may or may not have detailed advice on heath (it will have something on health for sure but it may or may not be detailed enough for you) - they do definitely offer a medical chart: https://mentseekhang.org/astrological-orders/

Best wishes.
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
嘉赫 Name in Chinese

kirtu wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:42 am As far as I can tell this is the only legitimate organization with a legitimate lama associated with them that offer Mo divination online:

https://www.ripaladrang.org/donate/divinations/

Mahasiddha.org also offers extensive prayers but no Mo divination as far as I have seen.

Having said that, you could email a Tibetan Buddhist organization with a good lama and ask if they might do a Mo or other divination for your circumstance.

For example, Lama Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche was a great Mahasiddha who did offer something close to public divination (except that in reality these were mostly for students of his and not truly people off the street kind of divination). However he rested his intent almost seven years ago.
It might be that his Dharma Heirs might possibly still do divination esp. for your purpose, but I do not know (in general Buddhist divination is not often offered or advertised). You can try to contact them at https://www.saraswatipublications.org/

Another option is the venerable Men-Tsee-Khang Tibetan Medical and Astro Institute who will do a horoscope for you that may or may not have detailed advice on heath (it will have something on health for sure but it may or may not be detailed enough for you) - they do definitely offer a medical chart: https://mentseekhang.org/astrological-orders/

Best wishes.
Thank you so very much for all the recommendations! You have helped me a lot!
Tsewang88

Post by Tsewang88 »

There are other legitimate online resources for divination.

Namkha Drimed Rinpoche's divination is excellent and accurate as Kirtu pointed out.

katog.org offers a divination service. The divination is done by Khentrul Rinpoche's uncle who lives in Tibet and is a terton. But the service takes time, as you submit the question and wait for it to get to Khentrul Rinpoche, then it's relayed to Tibet and wait for the answer to come back. But I have had excellent results from Rinpoche's uncle.

https://www.padmarigdzinling.org/ Jigme Rinpoche offers a divination service and you will get a reply back fairly quickly. I have had good experience with Rinpoche also. Rinpoche also speaks Chinese if I'm not mistaken so you can communicate with him directly.

There are other divination services but these should be sufficient.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Tsewang88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:14 am katog.org offers a divination service. The divination is done by Khentrul Rinpoche's uncle who lives in Tibet and is a terton. But the service takes time, as you submit the question and wait for it to get to Khentrul Rinpoche, then it's relayed to Tibet and wait for the answer to come back. But I have had excellent results from Rinpoche's uncle.
Thanks! The url on the link wasn't coming up correctly. It is katog.org ( https://katog.org/ )
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
嘉赫 Name in Chinese

Tsewang88 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:14 am There are other legitimate online resources for divination.

Namkha Drimed Rinpoche's divination is excellent and accurate as Kirtu pointed out.

katog.org offers a divination service. The divination is done by Khentrul Rinpoche's uncle who lives in Tibet and is a terton. But the service takes time, as you submit the question and wait for it to get to Khentrul Rinpoche, then it's relayed to Tibet and wait for the answer to come back. But I have had excellent results from Rinpoche's uncle.

https://www.padmarigdzinling.org/ Jigme Rinpoche offers a divination service and you will get a reply back fairly quickly. I have had good experience with Rinpoche also. Rinpoche also speaks Chinese if I'm not mistaken so you can communicate with him directly.

There are other divination services but these should be sufficient.
Thank you very much for your recommendations and evaluation.
嘉赫 Name in Chinese

A divination was never done for me before, so I have a lot of doubts. I'm very sorry if my actions have slandered Dharma, but due to my doubts I have paid for a few divinations (with the exact same description and instructions) from different teachers. Please what shall I do, if their divinations contradict each other? How can I choose which one to follow? I wanted to confirm that I would do the right practice for my health problems. If my views and actions are wrong and I'm slandering Dharma, please let me know, so I can correct my view and repent. Thank you in advance.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

In Tibetan Buddhism, the answers one gets from a divination do not come from the Lama. They come from the Deity associated with that method of divination. So it's best to get only one divination from one Lama in whom one has great faith. In the case of Lama Dawa Chodrak, the divinations came from Saraswati. If Saraswati told you to do something, would you do it? In the case of Ju Mipham's famous dice divination, the divination comes from Manjushri. If Manjushri told you to do something, would you do it? In general, if one asks for a divination, one should have the intention of doing whatever the Deity says regardless of what it is. In other words, don't ask for a divination unless you are going to follow its advice, and don't ask for more than one divination of a single question.

That being said, if the divination was not clear or some aspect of the advice needs clarification, it is acceptable to ask for a second or third divination to clarify the issue. That's not a lack of faith but a simple clarification.

Good luck & best wishes.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
嘉赫 Name in Chinese

pemachophel wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:50 pm In Tibetan Buddhism, the answers one gets from a divination do not come from the Lama. They come from the Deity associated with that method of divination. So it's best to get only one divination from one Lama in whom one has great faith. In the case of Lama Dawa Chodrak, the divinations came from Saraswati. If Saraswati told you to do something, would you do it? In the case of Ju Mipham's famous dice divination, the divination comes from Manjushri. If Manjushri told you to do something, would you do it? In general, if one asks for a divination, one should have the intention of doing whatever the Deity says regardless of what it is. In other words, don't ask for a divination unless you are going to follow its advice, and don't ask for more than one divination of a single question.

That being said, if the divination was not clear or some aspect of the advice needs clarification, it is acceptable to ask for a second or third divination to clarify the issue. That's not a lack of faith but a simple clarification.

Good luck & best wishes.
Thank you very much for your explanation!

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”