Easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to become immortal

A forum for discussing aspects of dying and death. Please be mindful when posting in this section.
Your Construct

Easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to become immortal

Post by Your Construct »

Here is my blog. I wanted to post the whole essay but the moderator rejected my submission. The moderator recommended I post a link instead. And yes, the essay is about achieving physical immortality.

https://yourconstruct2.blogspot.com/

or

https://www.jamiiforums.com/threads/you ... y.1964828/

Either link is fine. They are both the same content.
Sādhaka

Re: Easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to become immortal

Post by Sādhaka »

It is a bit TLDR, as said in your first link, TBH.

Is there a salient point you could explain, about what you propose?

Anything related to Tantric Long Life practices or ‘Taoist Immortality Alchemy’ or similar?
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Well, to quote your TLDR at the beginning:

TLDR – Causing suffering and death on other conscious beings makes you grow old and die. Refrain from causing suffering and death and you can make yourself immortal. And just to clarify, I do mean actual physical immortality where you live forever in the physical body that you inhabit; none of this immortal soul or immortal consciousness nonsense, I mean immortal physical body. The most immediate way to not cause suffering and death is to become vegan.

Almost like being a Jain?

At first, yesterday, I’d just read the first sentence, and then scrolled down the page and saw how long it is.

Anyhow, then the rest of your article explains how you think that it could be achieved….
Last edited by Sādhaka on Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Construct

Post by Your Construct »

You are correct. For all practical purposes, I could be classified as a jainist.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Your Construct wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:31 pm You are correct. For all practical purposes, I could be classified as a jainist.

Interestingly, Jainism is where we get the term tirthika from, the latter being like a derogatory term for non-‘atheist’ non-Buddhists, from the perspective of ‘outsiders’ anyway.

But also interestingly, Jain iconography is much closer to Buddhism’s than it is to ‘Hinduism’s; and then Jains have a Siddha called Adinatha (a form a Shiva; Shiva said to be a Emanation of Avalokitesvara) and apparently the Nath Sampradaya (apparently connected to the Eighty-Four Mahasiddhas) recognizes the title Adinatha. I’m pretty ignorant as to the precise meaning of the Sramana movement; yet it obviously ties in here.

Now to also tie into your claim about ‘physical’ immortality here, i believe that it is actually possible. It is either the Hatha Yoga Pradipika or the Siva Samhita that talks about preserving the physical body past the end of the kalpa, that is into the pralaya. Now i don’t know if this Siddhi in itself is conducive to irreversible Liberation necessarily. If one is so inclined, it would be interesting to look at the Hatha Yoga Pradipika or the Siva Samhita idea of immortality and compare or contrast it to Tantric Long Life practices or ‘Taoist Immortality Alchemy’.

I haven’t read your blog yet, therefore i digress; that is i didn’t intend to hijack your thread. I’ll refrain from touching on the topics i mentioned above any more in this thread, unless of course you indicate that anything that i’ve said is worth discussing here.
Last edited by Sādhaka on Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Your Construct wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:31 pm You are correct. For all practical purposes, I could be classified as a jainist.
The vegetarian/veganism part is certainly compatible with Jainism, but the overall emphasis on immortality sounds more like Taoism.
Your Construct

Post by Your Construct »

Taoism? Fascinating. I am taking a world religions course in the fall at my local community college, and taoism, according to the course description, will be covered along with buddhism, hinduism, and other eastern perspectives. I look forward to it.
Your Construct

Post by Your Construct »

Sādhaka wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:29 pm Now to also tie into your claim about ‘physical’ immortality here, i believe that it is actually possible. It is either the Hatha Yoga Pradipika or the Siva Samhita that talks about preserving the physical body past the end of the kalpa, that is into the pralaya. Now i don’t know if this Siddhi in itself is conducive to irreversible Liberation necessarily. If one is so inclined, it would be interesting to look at the Hatha Yoga Pradipika or the Siva Samhita idea of immortality and compare or contrast it to Tantric Long Life practices or ‘Taoist Immortality Alchemy’.
The part about "preserving the physical body" implies that you are using a physical means to attain physical immortality. I believe physical immortality requires a profound shift or change in a person's mentality, viewpoint, or outlook with regards to existence. While becoming vegan is a physical means to attain physical immortality, the real factor is the change of a person's perspective to not want to cause harm or death to animals.
Last edited by Your Construct on Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Your Construct wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:36 pm Here is my blog. I wanted to post the whole essay but the moderator rejected my submission.
On what planet is this essay an easy to
follow step by step guide to anything?

It’s so long, that you’d practically have to be immortal just to get to the end of it. So if you do, then it means you are.
:rolling:
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

I’m going to go ahead and lock this on the basis of the Terms of Service regarding proselytizing and inter-religious discussion.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Dying and Death”