What are the Different Yang Bum Vases For

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
greentree

What are the Different Yang Bum Vases For

Post by greentree »

Hello. I need help regarding the differences between Tara, Guru Rinpoche (Norlha), and Dzambhala yang bum (those were the labels on the cabinet). I was at a dharma shop in Boudha this morning but the monk in the shop spoke little English and could not tell me what each is for, I know Dzambhala is for wealth but this is the first time I hear about a Tara or Guru Rinpoche vase.

I can only buy one and have to choose. Thank you.
tingdzin

Re: What are the Different Yang Bum Vases For

Post by tingdzin »

Yang is not strictly only wealth. It also implies fortune, not quite the same thing. Anyway, since the purpose of all three is the same, find out who empowered them and see if you might have a connection with that teacher. Otherwise, you could go with whichever of the three deities you have a strong connection with (or would like one). Treat it with respect, put it in a clean, elevated place when you get home, and don't let the seal be broken.
greentree

Re: What are the Different Yang Bum Vases For

Post by greentree »

Thank you! :namaste: I already flew out of Nepal before I got this advice but I did buy the Tara vase. I don't know who empowered it but I got it from the Shechen Monastery shop. I am currently following Gelug (FPMT) and Drikung Kagyu, but after Lama Zopa Rinpoche showed the aspect of passing away I have felt drawn to the Nyingma lineage and also why I sought out Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche's monastery in Nepal.

Return to “Shrine Room”