Question about hair in Tibetan medicine

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
Tolya M

Question about hair in Tibetan medicine

Post by Tolya M »

For as long as I can remember, I have had this straight transparent simgle hair growing from my forehead. It is very thin and with the available resolution on the phone it is difficult to photograph it. The red line in the photo shows where I'm pulling it from.

What is it prescribed to do with such hairs in Tibetan medicine, or maybe this is a sign of susceptibility to something like diseases, element disorder?

I know this is a bit funny question. Don't make fun of me, pls, I've always been interested in finding out :mrgreen:
Attachments
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (117.23 KiB) Viewed 715 times
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Question about hair in Tibetan medicine

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Tolya M wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:28 pm I've always been interested in finding out
Why ask about Tibetan medicine?
Although it is possible that the gene mutation causing that might also indicate a likelihood of other conditions to look out for, genomic research hadn’t gotten that specific yet. And I don’t think Tibetan medicine has branched out into genetics yet.

Do an internet search on “rogue hair”
https://www.instyle.com/beauty/skin/rog ... air-causes

Many years ago when I was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, the doctor asked, out of curiosity, if I’d had any grey hairs at an early age, and I did have just a few in my mid 20s. Apparently it turns out that statistically, more people with fibrosis also tend to get grey hair earlier in life than those without fibrosis.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”