Any Rissho Kosei-Kai members?

Minobu

Re: Any Rissho Kosei-Kai members?

Post by Minobu »

joybringer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:57 am Hi
. I am not even sure if anyone will read this response
Wishing you the very best
Palms Together
Well I did and enjoyed the post. It revitalized my basic instincts towards life with this practice.

What Gohonzon do you use.
Is it one of Nichiren Shonin's like Shu uses ?
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

You can see, I believe, an RKK honzon behind Prof. Reeves in this video.
Prof. Reeves passed away a few days ago.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

The Middle Way as it is commonly taught in all Buddhism ([中道] ( madhyamā-pratipad;  chūdō) is the path between nihilism and self-indulgence. The Buddha rejected asceticism. He also rejected greed.

The Middle Way in traditional Mahayana is that reality can neither be adequately defined by existence nor by non-existence and is therefore, non-substantial.

The Middle Way as taught by Tientai and Nichiren is that reality (the true nature of life) is neither non-substantial nor merely characterized by temporary existence, but exhibits the characteristics of both.
joybringer

Post by joybringer »

Hi

I hope that all is well to all out here.

I have not been out here in years because my late father was extremely ill when I posted out here before.

Nevertheless, I am willing to discuss our object of devotion with anyone and the basic practices of RKK as well.

Please be well and Peace to Everyone!

Palms Together Always
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

(Speaking as a mod I'm making an exception to the general forum old post rule and continuing the conversation because of the focused nature of the topic)

OTOH as a SGI member, many thanks for coming back :) The Nichiren subforums have been quiet for a while, its always great to see the tradition represented.

Return to “Nichiren”