Subforum suggestion

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Vajrasvapna

Subforum suggestion

Post by Vajrasvapna »

I would like to suggest creating a subforum within the Mahayana Forum for the BODHISATTVACARYA group. Yogacara and Madhyamaka are often considered distinct subschools of Mahayana, so it would make sense to have a dedicated subforum for each of them.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Subforum suggestion

Post by Ayu »

I have no idea, if we need so many subforums.
Maybe threads are better findable then.
But if only very few people engage there, it might look poor.
In worst case only one or two people engage a whole subforum.

Therefore it would be interesting to read some more people's opinions on that suggestion. .
Vajrasvapna

Post by Vajrasvapna »

Ayu wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:44 pm I have no idea, if we need so many subforums.
Maybe threads are better findable then.
But if only very few people engage there, it might look poor.
In worst case only one or two people engage a whole subforum.

Therefore it would be interesting to read some more people's opinions on that suggestion. .
Indeed, some subforums are basically not used. However, I think these two subforums could motivate people to post about these topics. I often see some Yogacara posts at least.
????

Post by ???? »

This forum need chatbox,not subforums.
"Does it hurt being dead"??All beings are too dead to die
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

???? wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:39 am This forum need chatbox,not subforums.
We had one for a period of time. But somehow a real conversation happened only rarely at the beginning. After some time of the chatbox's existence no talk at all took place.
I have no clear idea, why. Maybe the time lag between the continents makes a real-time talk less probable.

And finally the chatbox collapsed, because some engaged member filled it daily with posts that couldn't get approved by moderation in the actual forum. We couldn't moderate the chatbox properly. Therefore the chatbox became that single member's fanatic speaker's corner.
Taking the chatbox off was the only possibility to keep DW's standards.
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

Ayu wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:55 am
???? wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:39 am This forum need chatbox,not subforums.
We had one for a period of time. But somehow a real conversation happened only rarely at the beginning. After some time of the chatbox's existence no talk at all took place.
I have no clear idea, why. Maybe the time lag between the continents makes a real-time talk less probable.

And finally the chatbox collapsed, because some engaged member filled it daily with posts that couldn't get approved by moderation in the actual forum. We couldn't moderate the chatbox properly. Therefore the chatbox became that single member's fanatic speaker's corner.
Taking the chatbox off was the only possibility to keep DW's standards.
Thank you so much for moderating this forum! It's a lot of work and only thanks to the moderation team, this place is so great. Without moderation, the really valuable posts and replies would be overshadowed.
Memento mori
Remember that you die

Return to “Suggestion Box”