Very simple book about Buddhist observances

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Lingpupa

Very simple book about Buddhist observances

Post by Lingpupa »

A few years (4?) ago I came across a very simple book about Buddhist observances. It was online, and mainly aimed at Himalayan Buddhists, helping them to keep on the right track. I covered things like how to prostrate, make offerings and so forth. I even (2 years ago?) recommended it here!

But now I can't find it, or even remember the name. Can any kind person jog my memory?

TIA, of course!
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
jet.urgyen

Re: Very simple book about Buddhist observances

Post by jet.urgyen »

Lingpupa wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:23 pm A few years (4?) ago I came across a very simple book about Buddhist observances. It was online, and mainly aimed at Himalayan Buddhists, helping them to keep on the right track. I covered things like how to prostrate, make offerings and so forth. I even (2 years ago?) recommended it here!

But now I can't find it, or even remember the name. Can any kind person jog my memory?

TIA, of course!
Up, i would like to read it.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

That's it - thank you very much!
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

That's actually a very nice little book. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
This is not the wrong life.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Lingpupa wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:03 am
That's it - thank you very much!
Thank you, Alex. It’s a great book.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Lingpupa wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:23 pm A few years (4?) ago I came across a very simple book about Buddhist observances. It was online, and mainly aimed at Himalayan Buddhists, helping them to keep on the right track. I covered things like how to prostrate, make offerings and so forth. I even (2 years ago?) recommended it here!

TIA, of course!
There is also an app called Drukpa Lunar Calendar.
Keep in mind, different traditions may observe auspicious days on different schedules.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”