Prayers for Thrangu Rinpoche.

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Giovanni

Prayers for Thrangu Rinpoche.

Post by Giovanni »

Reliable sources are saying that the great Kagyu teacher Thrangu Rinpoche is critically ill in hospital.
Your prayers are requested. His teachings have touched the lives of many.
Lobsang Chojor

Re: Prayers for Thrangu Rinpoche.

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Tai Situ Rinpoche spoke about the situation and requested as many prayers as possible. He said that the mo came out extremely bad.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Giovanni wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:28 pm Reliable sources are saying that the great Kagyu teacher Thrangu Rinpoche is critically ill in hospital.
It's not surprising. He is 90 years old. Impermanence. No one lives forever. Not even Buddhas.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Om Tare Tuttare Ture mama ayu punye jnaana putim kuru svaha.

Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche may you live long, may you continue to benefit beings.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

Malcolm wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:27 pm
Giovanni wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:28 pm Reliable sources are saying that the great Kagyu teacher Thrangu Rinpoche is critically ill in hospital.
It's not surprising. He is 90 years old. Impermanence. No one lives forever. Not even Buddhas.
True. The prayers are as much as anything that we should be inspired by his example to raise Bodhicitta.
His is a long lifetime of effort.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

He’s had a rich Dharma life and done so much fantastic stuff. Pointing Out The Dharmakaya is one of my top meditation volumes, it really helped me. I’ll do some practice for him. Whichever way things though go I’m happy we was around doing his thing, and I hope he either hangs around for a few years or comes back soon.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Sorry to hear he is so ill. I received many empowerments from him, and his books have been a constant source of information and instruction.

At 90 though, he has led a long and fruitful life and I'm sure there few as prepared for their end as he undoubtedly is.

May his activity and those of his successors contain to bring great benefit.
This is not the wrong life.
Tao

Post by Tao »

All my best wishes to a real master. :heart:
curtstein

Post by curtstein »

A good reminder to do my Medicine Buddha practice today!! This amazing man literally wrote the book on that subject.
https://www.namsebangdzo.com/Medicine-B ... /12745.htm
"there's no one here. there's only you and me." leonard cohen
https://www.mindisbuddha.org/
Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

He has apparently been discharged from the hospital..🙏🏻
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Giovanni wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:54 pm He has apparently been discharged from the hospital..🙏🏻
Great news. I've been doing White Tara for him for a few days now. I got many major empowerments from him. One the last of the Buxa generation that established TBism outside of Tibet.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Sad news for me, Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche has entered Thukdam. If you have a connection, please practice guru yoga.

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

conebeckham wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:19 am Sad news for me, Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche has entered Thukdam. If you have a connection, please practice guru yoga.
Very sad but not entirely unexpected. A great teacher. Have you heard if a prayer for his swift return has been published yet, Cone?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Knotty Veneer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:25 am
conebeckham wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:19 am Sad news for me, Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche has entered Thukdam. If you have a connection, please practice guru yoga.
Very sad but not entirely unexpected. A great teacher. Have you heard if a prayer for his swift return has been published yet, Cone?
I saw a Guru Yoga on FB, lots of posts in my feed about his Thukdam. Have not seen that yet, but I'd guess it will drop soon if it has not already.

One of my most important teachers--I had received some intimate instruction from him several times, as well as some major wangs and a bunch of Jenangs. A model of kindness and compassionate activity.

Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

conebeckham wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:23 pm One of my most important teachers--I had received some intimate instruction from him several times, as well as some major wangs and a bunch of Jenangs. A model of kindness and compassionate activity.
I received many of the major Karma Kagyu wangs from him and I have a Dorje Bernagchen statue that he filled and blessed.

He taught everybody it seems - even the likes of Khenpo Karthar. Such a loss.
Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

I received my first Wangs from Rinpoche 🙏🏻
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

Rinpoche has been my main teacher since I first met him in 1989 and although his passing makes me sad, I think he accomplished everything he came here to do.
Early in our relationship he told me a little story that I treasure:
He said that when he was still quite young, he asked the 16th Karmapa, "Why me? Why did you choose me?" HHK replied,
"Because I saw that you were going to waste your life buying and selling things".

Chris
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”