Saturday, August 5, 2023
9am - 5pm
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

no fee to register

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/hh-tulku-na ... 4843140307
Archie2009

Re: Dujom Troma Wang in Toronto with Tulku Namgyal Dawa Rinpoche

Post by Archie2009 »

So this is the same empowerment as the Vajrayana foundation will give online next month? Only different lama and the event is free?
YesheDronmar

Post by YesheDronmar »

Archie2009 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:09 am So this is the same empowerment as the Vajrayana foundation will give online next month? Only different lama and the event is free?
The Dudjom Throma wang has different versions.I do not know if they are the same version of the wang.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

YesheDronmar wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:21 am
Archie2009 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:09 am So this is the same empowerment as the Vajrayana foundation will give online next month? Only different lama and the event is free?
The Dudjom Throma wang has different versions.I do not know if they are the same version of the wang.
Do the different wangs let you do the same practices? Are they equivalent?
YesheDronmar

Post by YesheDronmar »

Archie2009 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:09 am
As far as I know, all forms of the Dudjom Troma wang authorize us to many of the practices in the cycle, especially those we undertake early in the cycle like the Ngondro. Often, but not always, during the wang, the Vajra Master will tell you what you are receiving and often announces what it authorizes us to undertake.

The Dudjom Troma cycle does require, in most cases, that someone has completed at least one ngondro (preferably the Dudjom Tersar ngondro) before engaging with the Troma ngondro. This cycle does require a close relationship with a Dudjom lama.

The Vajrayana Foundation (Pemal Osel Ling) is a Dudjom center and has an excellent Ngondro program to support those who are undertaking a Dudjom ngondro.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

YesheDronmar wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:26 pm

As far as I know, all forms of the Dudjom Troma wang authorize us to many of the practices in the cycle, especially those we undertake early in the cycle like the Ngondro. Often, but not always, during the wang, the Vajra Master will tell you what you are receiving and often announces what it authorizes us to undertake.

The Dudjom Troma cycle does require, in most cases, that someone has completed at least one ngondro (preferably the Dudjom Tersar ngondro) before engaging with the Troma ngondro. This cycle does require a close relationship with a Dudjom lama.

The Vajrayana Foundation (Pemal Osel Ling) is a Dudjom center and has an excellent Ngondro program to support those who are undertaking a Dudjom ngondro.
Thank you for clarifying.
YesheDronmar

Post by YesheDronmar »

YesheDronmar wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:26 pm

In case it wasn’t clear, what this means in practice is that different events will offer different aspects of the entire cycle including supplementary practices. Some wang are very stripped down, concise, and others are more elaborate and include more of the cycle.

But ANY Dudjom Troma wang is enough to start. Then we need the rlung and tri as well, thus the close relationship with a Dudjom lama is needed.
stoneinfocus

Post by stoneinfocus »

As the event says "major empowerment", is there any precedent for doing the Throma wangchen in one day? I know it can be done with some other cycles but have never heard of this with Throma. Anyway, very excited for this! Love TNDR

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”