Work colleague died in car accident last Friday

A forum for discussing aspects of dying and death. Please be mindful when posting in this section.
Pårl

Work colleague died in car accident last Friday

Post by Pårl »

Dear all,

A colleague of mine sadly died in a car accident last Friday; he was only young. A bright star extinguished far too soon.

I work for a company that only has about 40 employees, so we are more like a small family. There is a great sense of loss among us. And we are having a virtual memorial for him tomorrow across the globe using video conferencing.

I would like to recite a prayer or mantra that would be appropriate. Please could somebody suggest the most appropriate prayer or mantra for this sad occasion? I would also like to recite the mantra(s) today privately.

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Pårl.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Work colleague died in car accident last Friday

Post by Ayu »

My teacher recommends Medicine Buddha Mantra. It is not only for recovering from sickness but also helps to find a fortunate way through the Bardo.

The melody suggested above is the one I learned as well for recitation.
It must not necessarily be recited as quickly as they do in the video.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

🕯️

Prayer for Rebirth in Sukhavati (The Land of Bliss):

I would like that you sing that to "me" to assist "me" to the Pure Land. You could even see it in your mind.

It is peaceful and "I" would like a nice parting with you.

Thanks for all that you do!

:heart:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

I forgot to mention: empowerment is recommend for peaceful Vajrayana practice as well.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Ayu wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:20 am I forgot to mention: empowerment is recommend for peaceful Vajrayana practice as well.
Then she can do offerings (light, music, incense, food for the participants, anything symbolic and having meaning) and that's better than nothing.
It's intuitive that at this time of grief, communication with others and integration of the deceased is beneficial for both.
Doing is better than not doing anything at all.

I always take my pills "religiously" so I don't forget.
Om Mani Pedme Hung Hri
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Miorita wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:04 pm
Ayu wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:20 am I forgot to mention: empowerment is recommend for peaceful Vajrayana practice as well.
Then she can do offerings (light, music, incense, food for the participants, anything symbolic and having meaning) and that's better than nothing.
It's intuitive that at this time of grief, communication with others and integration of the deceased is beneficial for both.
Doing is better than not doing anything at all.

I always take my pills "religiously" so I don't forget.
Om Mani Pedme Hung Hri
I agree.

Return to “Dying and Death”