Longchen nyingthig ngondro texts and teachings list

KonchogUrgyenNyima

Longchen nyingthig ngondro texts and teachings list

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

Hey everyone.

I would love to compile a list of texts, videos, etc. which will aid the practitioner of the LN ngondro. I think things pertaining to Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo’s “short ngondro” also count.

Here are some things that I have compiled. Please add.

The Words of My Perfect Teacher- Patrul Rinpoche
Tantric Practice in the Nyingma- Khetsun Sangpo
A Guide to The Words of My Perfect Teacher- Khenpo Ngagchung
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche’s Teachings on The Words of My Perfect Teacher- https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY1 ... 2y0vt-GFco
The Excellent Path to Enlightenment- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

This is not a super well organized list. Sorry. Just wrote them as they came to mind. I’m excited to see what everyone has to add.
heart

Re: Longchen nyingthig ngondro texts and teachings list

Post by heart »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:25 am Hey everyone.

I would love to compile a list of texts, videos, etc. which will aid the practitioner of the LN ngondro. I think things pertaining to Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo’s “short ngondro” also count.

Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche’s Teachings on The Words of My Perfect Teacher- https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY1 ... 2y0vt-GFco

This is not a super well organized list. Sorry. Just wrote them as they came to mind. I’m excited to see what everyone has to add.
Entrance to the Great Perfection, by Cortland Dahl it contain both Jigme Lingpas and Jamyang Khyentse Wangpos commentary on the ngondro as well as Dzongsar Khyentses.
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
KonchogUrgyenNyima

heart wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 am
KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:25 am Hey everyone.

Entrance to the Great Perfection, by Cortland Dahl it contain both Jigme Lingpas and Jamyang Khyentse Wangpos commentary on the ngondro as well as Dzongsar Khyentses.
Ha that’s great. Thank you.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

You've got all the books. Any one of those you named would do. Don't spend too much time reading them all, but practice instead. Also, don't expect your hand to be held -- you have to actually do the practices without getting involved in mental games.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

tingdzin wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:28 am You've got all the books. Any one of those you named would do. Don't spend too much time reading them all, but practice instead. Also, don't expect your hand to be held -- you have to actually do the practices without getting involved in mental games.
Yes sir
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Sorry if I sounded harsh. But a lot of people start ngondro and don't finish. These days, many don't do it at all. But it makes all the difference.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

tingdzin wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:19 pm Sorry if I sounded harsh. But a lot of people start ngondro and don't finish. These days, many don't do it at all. But it makes all the difference.
Haha no worries my friend. Yes ngondro is my only practice. I will never finish.
heart

Post by heart »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:04 am
tingdzin wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:19 pm Sorry if I sounded harsh. But a lot of people start ngondro and don't finish. These days, many don't do it at all. But it makes all the difference.
Haha no worries my friend. Yes ngondro is my only practice. I will never finish.
If you just keep going and enjoy the journey you will finish. Don't think of it as a burden since it is a powerful method that you been given. Don't think that you there is something special that comes after, study emptiness, get teachings on Mahamudra and Dzogchen while you do ngondro and try to apply it in the ngondro.
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
KonchogUrgyenNyima

heart wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:28 am
If you just keep going and enjoy the journey you will finish. Don't think of it as a burden since it is a powerful method that you been given. Don't think that you there is something special that comes after, study emptiness, get teachings on Mahamudra and Dzogchen while you do ngondro and try to apply it in the ngondro.
I meant that more in they way of “even past 500,000 recitations, I will not stop practicing ngondro” kinda thing. Like I’m never going to finish because it is my main life practice. It’s done when I’m enlightened type deal. Etcetera etcetera.
heart

Post by heart »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:12 am
heart wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:28 am

I meant that more in they way of “even past 500,000 recitations, I will not stop practicing ngondro” kinda thing. Like I’m never going to finish because it is my main life practice. It’s done when I’m enlightened type deal. Etcetera etcetera.
Very good. :smile:
~Kurt Vonnegut

Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

One of my gurus used to tell me that the fastest way to achieve the vidyadhara of maturation is through ngondro.
Life is like a game, either you win or lose!
Life is like a fight, either you live or die!
Life is like a show, either you laugh or cry!
Life is like a dream, either you know or not!!!
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Kai lord wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:40 am
One of my gurus used to tell me that the fastest way to achieve the vidyadhara of maturation is through ngondro.
What is vidyadhara of maturation? How many kinds of vidyadhara are there?
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:32 am

vidyadhara of maturation is the first of the four vidyadhara levels used by Nyingmapas to gauge the progression of their practitioners in accordance with the Five Paths. The other three are vidyadhara with power over life, Mahamudra vidyadhara and spontaneously accomplished vidyadhara.

Mahamudra vidyadhara can be further divided into Vajra, Jewel, Sword, etc.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Oh interesting I had actually read those terms before in the ngondro but wasn’t privy to the classification. I don’t believe this is talked about in the words of my perfect teacher, or am I wrong?
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:22 pm Oh interesting I had actually read those terms before in the ngondro but wasn’t privy to the classification. I don’t believe this is talked about in the words of my perfect teacher, or am I wrong?
You can read more about it in Jigme lingpa's famous commentary on Mahayoga, "Ladder/staircase to Akanistha"

Return to “Nyingma”