Skillful means examples

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
jet.urgyen

Re: Skillful means examples

Post by jet.urgyen »

Kai lord wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:44 am
Sādhaka wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:38 pm
Kai lord wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:03 pm Skillful means is actually the seventh perfection after wisdom the sixth. It will be perfected on the seventh bhumi.

Which makes sense since one must perfect their insight before being able to demonstrate them indirectly to beings whom are not ready.

This^.

It seems that Upaya actually begins at the First Bodhisattva Bhumi, and is perfected, as you said at the Seventh. Although I'm not sure how Upaya is perfected at the Seventh Bhumi and not later....
Technically, there is not much difference between Bodhisattva of 7th bhumi and 8th bhumi, both successfully integrate their direct preception of emptiness (gnosis) 24/7 with their post-equipoise activities. The difference is that the latter does it effortlessly as a result of having more obstructions removed.

Bodhisattvas of the seventh bhumi also realise the emptiness of all dharmas along with all their components and that make them far superior to both Arhats and solitary buddhas who are unable to teach and turn the wheel and still have some subtle clinging to the characteristics and irreducible components of dharmas. (hence seventh ground is also known as gone far). This also marks the first instance where bodhisattva surpass the hearers in wisdom.

With superior wisdom and the ability to enter into and arise out of the meditative equipoise of cessation instantly, comes the full mastery of skilfull means to educate sentinel beings.
this is wonderful, is more or less where vajrayana begins. now i see why is so fast.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

once I was sleeping, a few years ago, and a spirit began to bother me. sometimes they have fun teasing and they think they are very strong so I didn't give it any importance, they usually leave after a while. but not this one, so I made him leave. Despite that, the next night he came back and I understood my mistake and that he really didn't want to bother, I was wrong, so I immediately started practicing AKT and saw that he had been human and was tormented with his new condition. So night after night we continued together until he was much calmer, and finally he went away on his own. I came to call him "sticky" because he would always came back. I hope he is in a better place, in sukavati or something.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Once, being monk, i performed rituals in behalf of poor farmer's dead relatives that where rejected by the monastery because they couldn't pay the fees. I actually had an argument and debate with the abbot but, since authority wins, i ended up gavin all substances from the offerings i received from my patrons that day and went into the rituals anyway. Right there a profound and irreversible path opened befor me.

This good action changed the course of my history for the good.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”