prayers for a particular person (me)

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
rozoksmaslom

Re: prayers for a particular person (me)

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:41 pm
rozoksmaslom wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:22 pm

What happens if you don’t use others’ things without permission, and don’t go after sweet food?
I don't use others' things, especially not without permission.. things that I experience are caused by using my own devices
also I don't go after sweet food, when you don't eat them, after a few months (of not eating them), you won't be attracted to them at all, I basically avoid them as much as possible.
Sorry, it’s a bit confusing because before, you said:
no worries, because it IS messed up, so I can imagine your confusion.
basically, I "lose permission" to use my own devices, I mean nobody tells me not to use it, but I have to keep asking for it again and again (after I touch something sugary). but my mom pays for the electricity bills, so I guess that plays a role.
to not feel guilty would probably mean to get a job I guess, but I am not sure if that would get rid of my problem. I don't know, maybe it really is just in my mind, but I don't know how to get rid of/dissolve that.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:44 pm :meditate:
rozoksmaslom wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:02 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:42 pm All of this, including your other thread on this topic, may simply be a case of having a “guilty conscience” which is manifesting with physical symptoms. If that’s the case, this could have all been wrapped up along time ago.
:roll:
so a solution to my problem is?
Either don’t do those things that make you feel guilty,
or decide that there’s no reason to feel guilty about those things to begin with.
yesterday I decided to say frak it and grabbed the tray with the cake on the counter that I was afraid to touch for like 2 weeks, because it started to rot and threw it in the trash bin. Nothing bad happened. Then I grabbed the coffee kettle to make some coffee, but I had my doubts if it's gonna cause me anything, because the cable was touching the cake tray. (I know how silly, ridiculous I sound, but this is my life :() Of course, the bad shit started to happen again. It does seem to be connected to my own thinking (I am literally scared to death of even touching or looking at sugary things at this point, as you can tell), it probably goes even deeper, like on a subconscious level or something. It's awful, because I don't know how to just delete that.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:17 am
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:41 pm
rozoksmaslom wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 pm

I don't use others' things, especially not without permission.. things that I experience are caused by using my own devices
also I don't go after sweet food, when you don't eat them, after a few months (of not eating them), you won't be attracted to them at all, I basically avoid them as much as possible.
Sorry, it’s a bit confusing because before, you said:
no worries, because it IS messed up, so I can imagine your confusion.
basically, I "lose permission" to use my own devices, I mean nobody tells me not to use it, but I have to keep asking for it again and again (after I touch something sugary). but my mom pays for the electricity bills, so I guess that plays a role.
to not feel guilty would probably mean to get a job I guess, but I am not sure if that would get rid of my problem. I don't know, maybe it really is just in my mind, but I don't know how to get rid of/dissolve that.
I don’t think Buddhist teachings really address the issue of needing to ask other people for permission to use your own stuff after you touch something sugary.

Meditation will help you develop the practice of not holding onto conflicting thoughts when they arise. This might then lead to a decrease in the physiological effects that appear to be coming from indulging those thoughts.

You might benefit from professional psychiatric counseling.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

I don't know dude, but I appreciate your responses and advice

please pray for me :anjali:

thank you
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:49 pm I don't know dude, but I appreciate your responses and advice

please pray for me :anjali:

thank you
Well you’ll just have to try and see for yourself.
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

someone said, or rather quoted Buddha, saying that morality leads to joy, which leads to happiness, which leads ultimately to deliverance
明安 Myoan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:50 pm
rozoksmaslom wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:22 pmJust attitude and or helping people doesn't really solve much. :cry:
On the contrary, helping people is very important for your inner and outer wellbeing:
The rewards of virtue

[Ananda:] "What, O Venerable One, is the reward and blessing of wholesome morality?"
[The Buddha:] "Freedom from remorse, Ananda."
"And of freedom from remorse?"
"Joy, Ananda"
"And of joy?"
"Rapture, Ananda"
"And of rapture?"
"Tranquillity, Ananda."
"And of tranquillity?"
"Happiness, Ananda."
"And of happiness?"
"Concentration, Ananda."
"And of concentration?"
"Vision and knowledge according to reality."
"And of the vision and knowledge according to reality?"
"Turning away and detachment, Ananda."
"And of turning away and detachment?"
"The vision and knowledge with regard to Deliverance, Ananda."
— AN 10.1 (Nyanatiloka, trans.; from Path to Deliverance, pp. 65-66)
I've read that quote maybe a year ago and have been pondering about it ever since. Yes it's true, of course. To be honest, in my situation it's actually extremely difficult to determine what is and what is not wholesome morality. Seems like the path, or course of action is extremely narrow. To the point where the most accurately "moral" thing to do would be to just leave the house, naked and just.. ask for help or something. Because not even the clothes I "have" were not bought by myself, not the house certainly, not the internet I use, almost any of the food and so on. I had enough of relying on my family and (usually) suffering consequences (if just that of emotional burden) constantly and endlessly.

Pray for me please.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:05 am To be honest, in my situation it's actually extremely difficult to determine what is and what is not wholesome morality. Seems like the path, or course of action is extremely narrow. To the point where the most accurately "moral" thing to do would be to just leave the house, naked and just.. ask for help or something. Because not even the clothes I "have" were not bought by myself, not the house certainly, not the internet I use, almost any of the food and so on. I had enough of relying on my family and (usually) suffering consequences (if just that of emotional burden) constantly and endlessly.

Pray for me please.
You don’t need prayers. You need common sense and a good Buddhist teacher.

Morality is: not intentionally hurting others.
That’s it. That’s the whole thing.

I think you missed the whole part of Buddha’s life story where he realized that beating yourself over the head by going to extremes doesn’t work.

I think you also have missed the part where Buddhism talks about dependent origination.
Nobody entirely creates their world. Did the people in your house make the clothes and build the house and grow the food all by themselves? Did they give birth to themselves or did they have parents?

Instead of feeling guilt,
Simply feel gratitude.

Why are you creating these problems for yourself instead of just deciding what you want to do with your life and getting started on that? The solution to all this stuff about how nothing you have is really yours is obviously to go out and make or do something yourself. Go get a job or volunteer somewhere or something.

If you have constant depression,
seek psychological help now.

Don’t just grab random quotes out of suttas and use them as an excuse for why you feel miserable, because that’s not going to help you.
EMPTIFUL.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Well, you'll have prayers for your wellbeing from me anyway.

OM MANI PADME HUM :namaste:
"Even if my body should be burnt to death in the fires of hell
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice"

--- Gandavyuha Sutra
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:03 pm
Why are you creating these problems for yourself instead of just deciding what you want to do with your life and getting started on that? The solution to all this stuff about how nothing you have is really yours is obviously to go out and make or do something yourself. Go get a job or volunteer somewhere or something.
Thanks so much the reply, sir. Honestly, it helped.

Would you say, that trying to work from home>paint would be a good idea? Getting a job may take weeks or months and I honestly think I have the talent and skills (not social/business skills atm, I admit) to make just as much as I'd at a job, possibly even more. I mean, I have everything I need for my work at home, it's just.. you know.. kind of awkward.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:16 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:03 pm
Thanks so much the reply, sir. Honestly, it helped.

Would you say, that trying to work from home>paint would be a good idea? Getting a job may take weeks or months and I honestly think I have the talent and skills (not social/business skills atm, I admit) to make just as much as I'd at a job, possibly even more. I mean, I have everything I need for my work at home, it's just.. you know.. kind of awkward.
Paint?
Walls or pictures?
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

pictures

some of the things I've done:

rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

omg it looks hideous on a screen like this :?
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:29 pm omg it looks hideous on a screen like this :?
Oh that’s some pretty good stuff!

It’s difficult to live off painting sales, but these days there are more opportunities to market art, sell digital prints, license your work (those would be awesome as music album cover art) but also you should be interacting more with other artists, especially because people who may not appreciate what you create may be sending you messages that it’s a waste of time and “why don’t you get a real job” blah blah blah.
Last edited by PadmaVonSamba on Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

tyvm :tongue: :emb:
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:27 pm tyvm :tongue: :emb:
Your stuff looks like california artwork. I mean, artwork that comes out of california
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

thank you, me being from slovakia (that's in central europe), that's kind of interesting to hear :tongue:
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

honestly, it seems rather pointless to even try at this point

get a job?

that's just silly talk. absolutely pointless, I'll either lose the job, don't get it at all, or not be able to use money if I earn some.
I am just not capable of anything

frak this

why even bother
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:04 am honestly, it seems rather pointless to even try at this point

get a job?

that's just silly talk. absolutely pointless, I'll either lose the job, don't get it at all, or not be able to use money if I earn some.
I am just not capable of anything

frak this

why even bother
Well then, if your mind is made up, there’s nothing more to say. Good luck with that.
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

ok that was bad, nevermind

is there a way I could talk to you, or anyone else? via some chat or something? I don't wanna spam the forum
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:38 pm ok that was bad, nevermind

is there a way I could talk to you, or anyone else? via some chat or something? I don't wanna spam the forum
Private message
EMPTIFUL.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”