Functions of ejaculation in Tibetan medicine

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
haha

Re: Functions of ejaculation in Tibetan medicine

Post by haha »

What Rinpoche said is very correct and his presentation emphasizes in the rigpa. The clear light mind has different methods on which those texts are focused on. Even though they (clear light mind and rigpa) are essential same, but they have different approach of the path (i.e. how to proceed).

Then, one may have impression of my words that this clear light is depended on the outer bodhicitta (semen). That is not what I am presenting. It is the skillful method of harnessing such and such things. Both systems have different approach. For example, one focused on cessation of dualistic thoughts/concepts by using certain channels. In another, one tries to recognize it while there are thoughts.

The great fool, who seeks for worldly impermanent bliss, still does not find it. But the wise will cast way even the attainment of bliss of empire for liberation. So, it is the different approach.

There are some research papers about what happens during the ejaculation (i.e. Neurons for Ejaculation). It is not just mere casting way the wastage product; there are whole physiological processes.

It is suggested that one should stop practicing for few days if one is fulfilling household duty in Chinese energetic practice or esoteric martial art. Otherwise, you tear down those tendons related to these practices. People do not understand, to whom it is suggested, why it is suggested, when it is suggested, etc. They come with all kinds of label.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

haha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:27 am What Rinpoche said is very correct and his presentation emphasizes in the rigpa. The clear light mind has different methods on which those texts are focused on. Even though they (clear light mind and rigpa) are essential same, but they have different approach of the path (i.e. how to proceed).

Then, one may have impression of my words that this clear light is depended on the outer bodhicitta (semen). That is not what I am presenting. It is the skillful method of harnessing such and such things. Both systems have different approach. For example, one focused on cessation of dualistic thoughts/concepts by using certain channels. In another, one tries to recognize it while there are thoughts.

The great fool, who seeks for worldly impermanent bliss, still does not find it. But the wise will cast way even the attainment of bliss of empire for liberation. So, it is the different approach.

There are some research papers about what happens during the ejaculation (i.e. Neurons for Ejaculation). It is not just mere casting way the wastage product; there are whole physiological processes.

It is suggested that one should stop practicing for few days if one is fulfilling household duty in Chinese energetic practice or esoteric martial art. Otherwise, you tear down those tendons related to these practices. People do not understand, to whom it is suggested, why it is suggested, when it is suggested, etc. They come with all kinds of label.
The point is that it is not actually important to retain semen itself. Women do not retain their reproductive tissue, why should men? This inconsistency is rarely noted.
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

Men and women does not work the same way. This is explained in taoism. Different rules, different approaches.
haha

Post by haha »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:35 pm
The point is that it is not actually important to retain semen itself. Women do not retain their reproductive tissue, why should men? This inconsistency is rarely noted.
Semen itself is not the point but one will not get those points without retaining the semen.

First, these types of narratives are not written from female prospective. Those texts are mostly composed by male or in male dominated society.

“Women do not retain their reproductive tissue” is really a different argument. Not in Buddhism but at least in Hinduism or in Daoism, they talk about stopping of female monthly cycle as a first sign when they engaged in these types of practices. And, it is inappropriate to practice if they want to live the household life.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

haha wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:26 am
Malcolm wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:35 pm
Semen itself is not the point but one will not get those points without retaining the semen.

First, these types of narratives are not written from female prospective. Those texts are mostly composed by male or in male dominated society.

“Women do not retain their reproductive tissue” is really a different argument. Not in Buddhism but at least in Hinduism or in Daoism, they talk about stopping of female monthly cycle as a first sign when they engaged in these types of practices. And, it is inappropriate to practice if they want to live the household life.
You do understand that this unconvincing bullshit, right?
haha

Post by haha »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:38 am
You do understand that this unconvincing bullshit, right?
You may think I am just taking all kinds of mumbo jumbo.

This is just an example.
The beheading of the red dragon for women and the subduing of the white tiger for men mark the completion of the first stage of the alchemical practice. The halting of the menstrual flow, achieved through the massage of the breasts described below, transforms the female body into a more androgynous body, a body where main sexual characteristics like menses and large breasts, and the possibility of generating children, are deleted.

Elena Valussi, "Blood, Tigers, Dragons: The Physiology of Transcendence for Women"
rai

Post by rai »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:12 pm
Soma999 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:54 pm I think it is quiet easy to check if loss of shukras decrease inner fire. After emission, go perform tumo in the cold and see for yourself.
Never had any problem.
Malcolm, I understood you are a Dzogchen practitioner, why would you practice Tummo, is it mainly for longevity?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

rai wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:59 pm
Soma999 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:54 pm I think it is quiet easy to check if loss of shukras decrease inner fire. After emission, go perform tumo in the cold and see for yourself.
Never had any problem.
Malcolm, I understood you are a Dzogchen practitioner, why would you practice Tummo, is it mainly for longevity?
I was in a long Lamdre retreat between 1993-1997, where it was very cold in the winter. Often, when I woke up in the morning, there was a film of ice on my offering bowls.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Never had any problem.
Dzogchenpas can practice anything. And Tummo is not "mainly for longevity"--that is a side-benefit, so to speak.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
rai

Post by rai »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:07 pm

Never had any problem.
I was in a long Lamdre retreat between 1993-1997, where it was very cold in the winter. Often, when I woke up in the morning, there was a film of ice on my offering bowls.
ah :anjali:
conebeckham wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:48 pm

Never had any problem.
Dzogchenpas can practice anything. And Tummo is not "mainly for longevity"--that is a side-benefit, so to speak.
I have this idea that Tummo is one of the methods to get “there” but if someone is already “there” and most of us have very limited time for daily practice then if that practitioner would dedicate some of that time on Tummo that’s interesting for me what would be the motivation, I assumed it is for health/longevity.
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

rai wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:39 pm I have this idea that Tummo is one of the methods to get “there” but if someone is already “there” and most of us have very limited time for daily practice then if that practitioner would dedicate some of that time on Tummo that’s interesting for me what would be the motivation, I assumed it is for health/longevity.
Tummo is a key practice on the path of preparation/application which means most of us aren't there yet.
Life is like a game, either you win or lose!
Life is like a fight, either you live or die!
Life is like a show, either you laugh or cry!
Life is like a dream, either you know or not!!!
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

rai wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:39 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:07 pm

ah :anjali:
conebeckham wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:48 pm

I have this idea that Tummo is one of the methods to get “there” but if someone is already “there” and most of us have very limited time for daily practice then if that practitioner would dedicate some of that time on Tummo that’s interesting for me what would be the motivation, I assumed it is for health/longevity.
Probably not a topic worth talking about too much here. Even discussions regarding the function or purpose of Tummo aren't appropriate, though it is clearly part of the path of means and not merely for health benefits. Of course it's more widely associated with Six Yogas and Sarma paths, but it has a place in Dzogchen as well.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

what is ojas? I have heard about it from a guy on yt who posts content about Semen Retention, I kind of figured it's a form of energy you can harness?
Buddha's Jest

Post by Buddha's Jest »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:33 pm what is ojas? I have heard about it from a guy on yt who posts content about Semen Retention, I kind of figured it's a form of energy you can harness?
1 ojas %{as} n. (%{vaj} , or %{uj} ; cf. %{ugra}) , bodily strength , vigour , energy , ability , power RV. AV. TS. AitBr. MBh. &c. ; vitality (the principle of vital warmth and action throughout the body) Sus3r. &c. ; (in rhet.) elaborate style (abounding with compounds) ; vigorous or emphatic expression Sa1h. Va1m. ; water L. ; light , splendour , lustre L. ; manifestation , appearance L. ; support L. ; (%{As}) m. N. of a Yaksha BhP. ; [cf. Zd. {avjan3h} , `\" power \"\' ; Gk. $ , $ , $ ; Lat. {vige1re} , {augere} , {augur} , &73513[235 ,2] {augus-tus} , {auxilium} ; Goth. {aukan} , Eng. {eke}.]

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”