Reflections on the meaning of attachment and aversion

Pårl

Reflections on the meaning of attachment and aversion

Post by Pårl »

Hi all,

One theme that recurs often during the pujas, rituals and talks at my template are the concepts of attachment and aversion being the central causes of suffering.

Does anyone have any concrete examples of struggling with letting go of an idea, object, living being or, contrary, struggling with avoiding or pushing away people and ideas that are too difficult recognize and process?

Thanks,

P.
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Reflections on the meaning of attachment and aversion

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Pårl wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:08 am Hi all,

One theme that recurs often during the pujas, rituals and talks at my template are the concepts of attachment and aversion being the central causes of suffering.

Does anyone have any concrete examples of struggling with letting go of an idea, object, living being or, contrary, struggling with avoiding or pushing away people and ideas that are too difficult recognize and process?

Thanks,

P.
Everything we do with attachment is a concrete example. Can you be more specific please?
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Natan

Re: Reflections on the meaning of attachment and aversion

Post by Natan »

Pårl wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:08 am Hi all,

Thanks,

P.
Hey friend. I'm glad you brought this up.

Does she love me? Will he abandon me? Is this true? Is this false? Did I make a bad decision? Have I failed? Is this hopeless? I made progress!!! I won!!! To hell with you! I believe this is right! I believe you are wrong!

Do you see? Every single second it's me vs them. And this is the root problem.

Return to “Kagyu”