DW hang a while before showing

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Taikor.Taikun

DW hang a while before showing

Post by Taikor.Taikun »

DW hang for like a minute before showing the page. Anyone have this problem? I’ve been experiencing this for a long time. I’m using Safari on iPhone, Firefox on Android phone n laptop.

Please advise is there a fix?
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: DW hang a while before showing

Post by Kim O'Hara »

I'm sorry this has happened to you but it hasn't happened to me (Firefox on iMac or Android phone).
We would like to hear from others experiencing problems before we assume it's a problem with the site. Anyone?

:namaste:
Kim
Taikor.Taikun

Post by Taikor.Taikun »

It seems like something couldnt finish loading or too slow to load cos after like 30 seconds, u press stop loading the page, everything shows up but some parts r missing or incomplete.

It’s very difficult to surf this site for reading or participating in the discussion. Every page takes long time to load. I sometime refer to posts on this site for reference
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Taikor.Taikun wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:22 am It seems like something couldnt finish loading or too slow to load cos after like 30 seconds, u press stop loading the page, everything shows up but some parts r missing or incomplete.

It’s very difficult to surf this site for reading or participating in the discussion. Every page takes long time to load. I sometime refer to posts on this site for reference
I understand that it is a problem for you, but at this stage we can't say whether it is caused by the site or by something else.

If the site is causing the problem, it should affect other people - probably lots of other people - and we can expect some of them to say, "yes, that happens to me too," and then we can try to fix it.
If the site isn't causing the problem, there's not much we can do except suggest that you try to narrow down the cause, e.g., try a different browser, switch off plug-ins, etc.

Kim
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Kim O'Hara wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:55 amIf the site isn't causing the problem, there's not much we can do except suggest that you try to narrow down the cause, e.g., try a different browser, switch off plug-ins, etc.
Safari and Firefox are already two different browsers, and moreover, OP specified they had tried on three different devices. Turning off plugins, one at a time, might also be useful for troubleshooting the issue, in case there's a bugged out plugin.

Anyways, I don't think it's an issue with the site, since everything works fine for me. What I would look into though, is the following:

1. Assuming you've rebooted and that there's nothing wrong with the hardware or the browser itself (including plugins), try clearing cache. An unlikely issue though, given it's multiple devices and browsers.

2. Change your DNS. Write down your original DNS in case this is important to you, then try alternating between the DNS of Google and OpenDNS. See if there's any difference. Are there any other sites with similar issues as DW for you? If so, it could be DNS. Also, you don't need to reboot computer or reset router to successfully change your DNS.

3. Run a traceroute on DW, as well as pinging it. See if there's any error messages like "no response from host" in any of the steps, or if there's a lot of packet loss. Compare with sites you know work well and see if there's any difference between hops, number of hops, packet loss, and so on.

If all the usual fixes don't work, if changing to another DNS doesn't work, and if you have a bunch of issues in your traceroute and ping of DW and in particular other sites, then it's likely an error in your external routing which means you should then call your ISP and mention this. All they can do is to forward a complaint to their provider up the network hierarchy.

There could of course be other solutions here that I haven't thought of. But this is what I could think of right away.
Taikor.Taikun

Post by Taikor.Taikun »

Norwegian wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:15 am 2. Change your DNS. Write down your original DNS in case this is important to you, then try alternating between the DNS of Google and OpenDNS. See if there's any difference. Are there any other sites with similar issues as DW for you? If so, it could be DNS. Also, you don't need to reboot computer or reset router to successfully change your DNS
Indeed it’s DNS problem. I use Open DNS, solved.

Thanks
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

:thumbsup:

Kim

Return to “Suggestion Box”