prayers for mom, please

Help required with personal difficulties.
floatingbubbles07

prayers for mom, please

Post by floatingbubbles07 »

I've made a post here about how I've been mean to my mother before when she didn't deserve it. She's the one who ultimately planted the seed of empathy in me and made me learn so much about how the way I was, was not okay and would only harm myself and others. She's one of two main heroines in my story (the other being my beloved ex) who pushed me into a much better place now than I was a few months ago, and made me realize the lasting effects that abuse could cause in a person.

Unfortunately, because of my anger and anxiety, I ended up lashing out at her over the past two months over trivial things because of my irritability, and over the fact that it's so unfair that the wounds I was given in the past (she wasn't even the person who abused me in the past, my dad was) made me lose the person who I love the most in this world besides her. She's physically weak and I ended up bruising her, and I could feel that my screams, verbal assaults, and blackmail wounded her the same way my dad wounded me making me build the walls that made me wound my ex. I've apologized to her, acknowledged that I have a problem, and have gotten therapy for us both. But I feel like because she can lack empathy, she doesn't feel like she's building walls the same way I did. I don't want her wounds from me to make her feel the same way I did growing up with my dad. If there's any prayers anyone can give out there so that she (and also my ex, who has suffered from my mistreatment) can be at peace and feel safe again, please send them her way.

I'm going to continue to keep getting therapy and work on being mindful of my feelings so that I don't hurt anyone anymore. I'll be getting a tattoo in a week in part as a vow to never stop practicing.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: prayers for mom, please

Post by Ayu »

I believe, if you improve and become stabilized, your mom will become very happy.
I'm a mom as well and I can tell you, as long as my sons are doing well and come over for a chat from time to time, I'm relieved.

And your regret is a powerful medicine. The strong willingness not to harm her again is like a ship on stormy waters. It carries you two to better places. Everything will be fine therefore.
If you are able to, it would be very beneficial, if you pray for your mother. Just relax and wish her good.
laurence_dan

Post by laurence_dan »

You should read and practice :
The Sutra about The Deep Kindness of Parents and The Difficulty of repaying It

Can be found here:
http://www.buddhism.org/Sutras/2/Kindne ... sSutra.htm
or
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/filial-sutra.htm
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

A simple Om Mani Padme Hum practice would really help imo

[Mod note Oct 2023: "Help required" topics are being locked on a regular base, because they were a general task for necroing in the past. But mostly the problems that require help are only short-term lasting and temporary.]

Return to “Help Required”