Dakini detection system?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
snowtiger

Dakini detection system?

Post by snowtiger »

My Bon teacher once mentioned Tibetans have a system to determine if a woman is a Dakini. I guess I am talking about worldly Dakini. My wife told me she was a dakini, she remembered her past and her mission here.

What do you guys know about this?
Sādhaka

Re: Dakini detection system?

Post by Sādhaka »

Oh I've got a worldly-Dakini detection system alright :emb:

In all seriousness, I think that Malcolm once posted here that there's no such thing as a 'worldly Dakini', not in the sense that most would think anyway.

But for argument's sake, perhaps a female who has received Empowerment yet hasn't yet had some level of realization could be considered a 'worldly Dakini', and any female who hasn't at least received Empowerment, could not be considered a Dakini at all, from a relative perspective...?
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Tibetans look for moles in certain places and other things like that; certain shapes, complexions, etc. Personally, I don't think this is the place to talk about such things.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sādhaka wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:22 pm Oh I've got a worldly-Dakini detection system alright :emb:

In all seriousness, I think that Malcolm once posted here that there's no such thing as a 'worldly Dakini', not in the sense that most would think anyway.

But for argument's sake, perhaps a female who has received Empowerment yet hasn't yet had some level of realization could be considered a 'worldly Dakini', and any female who hasn't at least received Empowerment, could not be considered a Dakini at all, from a relative perspective...?
What I said was that the Rigpa Rangshar eliminates the possibility of so called wisdom dakinis in this world. So here, there are only mundane dakinis.
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

snowtiger wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:57 pm My wife told me she was a dakini, she remembered her past and her mission here.
Ok and her mission is?
Life is like a game, either you win or lose!
Life is like a fight, either you live or die!
Life is like a show, either you laugh or cry!
Life is like a dream, either you know or not!!!
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

snowtiger wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:57 pm My Bon teacher once mentioned Tibetans have a system to determine if a woman is a Dakini. I guess I am talking about worldly Dakini. My wife told me she was a dakini, she remembered her past and her mission here.

What do you guys know about this?
“…have a system…” can mean just about anything.
Quite often it’s just nonsense used to validate other nonsense. If someone is a dakini, they don’t need someone else to determine it.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Kai lord wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:45 am
snowtiger wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:57 pm My wife told me she was a dakini, she remembered her past and her mission here.
Ok and her mission is?
To boldly go where no wisdom dakini has gone before. ;)
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Born to Serve, 42:53 - 43:20, has one answer.
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
VolkerK

Post by VolkerK »

Naldjorpa Drugpa Kunleg defined Nine Kinds of Khandroma (mkha‘ ‘gro ma dgu sde) or Dakinis:
Yeshe Khandro - Wisdom Dakini, Dorje Khandro - Diamond Dakini, Rinchen Khandro - Jewel Dakini, Pema Khandro - Lotus Dakini, Karma Khandro - Action Dakini, Buddha Khandro - Buddha Dakini, Shaza Khandro - Flesh-Eating Dakini, Jigten Khandro - Worldly Dakini, Gödhe Khandro - Ashen Dakini

more info:
Divine Madman- The Sublime Life and Songs of Drukpa Kunley -
Translation and Commentary by Keith Dowman
http://keithdowman.net/books/divine-madman.html
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sādhaka wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:22 pm Oh I've got a worldly-Dakini detection system alright :emb:

Wisdom dakinis do not abide in this world, according Self Arisen Vidya tantra.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:52 pmWisdom dakinis do not abide in this world, according Self Arisen Vidya tantra.

Right; you’d already mentioned that a few posts back when this thread was first posted, some months ago, and to reiterate what was kind of asked in my post:

Is it then that women who have received Empowerment are ‘worldly’ or ‘mundane’ Dakinis, and women who haven’t received any Empowerment at all are not Dakinis in any sense? Or is that they are both a type of ‘worldly’ or ‘mundane’ Dakinis?

Actually, VolkerK’s post seems to address this; and most likely not even an appropriate discussion on an open forum from this point forward….
Last edited by Sādhaka on Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:52 pm

Wisdom dakinis do not abide in this world, according Self Arisen Vidya tantra.
Is that not contradicted by the various experiences of Tsarchen Losal Gyatso, Kusali, and many others?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Konchog1 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:50 pmIs that not contradicted by the various experiences of Tsarchen Losal Gyatso, Kusali, and many others?

My guess: Wisdom Dakini implies Sambhogakaya level, and only Seventh or Eighth Bhumi or higher Bodhisattvas can perceive Sambhogakaya; therefore perhaps Tsarchen Losal Gyatso, etc. were at that level.
Last edited by Sādhaka on Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
VolkerK

Post by VolkerK »

The first six can be subsumed under the completely enlightened Dakinis which are all Wisdom Dakinis or Yeshe Khandro in Tibetan and Jnanadakinis in Sanskrit (ye shes kyi mkha’ ‘gro ma/ jñānaḍākinī). They are also designated as Supramundane Dakins ('jig rten las 'das pa'i mkha’ ‘gro ma/ lokātikrāntaḍākinī) transcending the world and all its activities and aspiratiosn, etc.
They have to be distinguished from the other three kinds of Khandromas which appear in the various worldly dimensions and are most of the time not fully enlighten though they have supernatural powers and show magical activities, etc. Thus, these are wordly dakinis or mundane dakinis (’jig rten gyi mkha’ ‘gro ma/laukikaḍākinī), who live at certain powerful and sacred places (gnas) or haunted places like graveyards, where they are also known as dakinis of this world and place (’jig rten gyi mkha’ ‘gro ma/lokadakini), while others live among us human beings.
- Yeshe Khandro, is fair, flushed and radiant. She has five moles across her hair line, and she is compassionate, pure, virtuous and devout, and good body shape. Coupling with her brings happiness in this life, and prevents any fall into hell in the next birth.
- Dorje Khandro is fair with a well-filled supple body. She has long eyebrows, a sweet voice, and enjoys singing and dancing. Coupling with her brings success in this life and rebirth as a God.
- Rinchen Khandro has pretty ha pretty white face with a pleasant yellow tinge to it. Her body is slanbder, and she is tall. Her hair is white, and she has little vanity and a very slender waist line. Coupling with her gives one wealth in this life, and shuts the gates of hell.
- Pema Khandro has a bright pink skun, an oily complexion, a short body and limbs, and wide hips. She is lustful and garrulous. Coupling with her generates many sons, while Gods, demons and men are controlled, and the gates to the Lower Realms are closed.
- Karma Khandro has a radiant blue skin with a brownish hue, and a broad forehead. She is rather sadistic. Coupling with her is a defence against enemies, and closes the gates to the Lower Realms.
- Bidha Khandro has a bluish complexion and a radiant smile. She has little lust, is long-lived, and bears many sons. Coupling with her bestows longivity and a rebirth in the Ugyen Guru's Paradise.
- Shaza Khandro has a dark and ashen complexion, a wide mouth with protruding fangs, a trace of a third eye upon her forehead, long claw-like finger nails, and a black heart in her vagina. She delights in eating meat, and she devours the children that she bears. Also, she is an insomniac. Coupling with her induces a short life, much diseases, little enjoyment of wealth in this life, and rebirth in the Deepest Hell(Avici Hell).
- Jigten Khandro has a white, smiling, and radiant face, and she is respectful to her parents and friends. She is trustworthy and a generous spender. Coupling with her assures one of the continuance of the family line, generates food and wealth, and assures one of rebirth as a human being.
- Godhey Khandro has yellow flesh which has an ashen complexion and a spongy texture. She eats ashes from the grate (Thab). Coupling with her causes much suffering and enervation, and rebirth as a Hungry Ghost

Return to “Lounge”