Barchey Lamsel Commentary by Dingo Chyentse?

jamesrigzin

Barchey Lamsel Commentary by Dingo Chyentse?

Post by jamesrigzin »

:namaste: Hello vajra siblings

Wishing you all continued progress in your practice.

I’m sure this has been asked before, so forgive me;

Has anyone here come across a commentary on the Barchey Lamsel by Dingo Chyentse Rinpoche? (AKA HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche).

Furthermore, are there any other commentaries, descriptions… anything that lays it all out? YouTube videos, text in Tibetan or English, anything.

I have all the individual deity images from Samye Institute, so that is helpful.

What a powerful supplication! I’m obsessed, and want to know all there is to know about it.

Thank you very much.

JR
heart

Re: Barchey Lamsel Commentary by Dingo Chyentse?

Post by heart »

jamesrigzin wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:20 am :namaste: Hello vajra siblings

Wishing you all continued progress in your practice.

I’m sure this has been asked before, so forgive me;

Has anyone here come across a commentary on the Barchey Lamsel by Dingo Chyentse Rinpoche? (AKA HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche).

Furthermore, are there any other commentaries, descriptions… anything that lays it all out? YouTube videos, text in Tibetan or English, anything.

I have all the individual deity images from Samye Institute, so that is helpful.

What a powerful supplication! I’m obsessed, and want to know all there is to know about it.

Thank you very much.

JR
Barche Lamsel is a part of the Tukdrub Barche Kunsel the most important terma found by Chokgyur Lingpa and Khyentse Wangpo. The main practice from this terma have Guru Rinpoche in the center with Chenresig and Amitayus above his head and the 12 manifestations that you find in the Barche Lamsel around him. There is a very short, a medium long and a very long sadhana based on this mandala.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

You find the sadhana here :

Tsultrimenla

Post by Tsultrimenla »

in sheldamnyingjang_drelpa by_dilgokhyentserinpoche which includes short description on barche lamsel supplication of lame thukdrub barche kunsel cycle.
jamesrigzin

Post by jamesrigzin »

Thanks, guys.
jamesrigzin

Post by jamesrigzin »

Does anyone know who painted the first thangka with these deities and where they got that information from?
Vision? Text?
heart

Post by heart »

jamesrigzin wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:21 am Does anyone know who painted the first thangka with these deities and where they got that information from?
Vision? Text?
I just told you above it is from a terma called Tukdrub Barche Kunsel. :smile: There are practices connected to all the deities together as well as practices connected with each of the deities.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
jamesrigzin

Post by jamesrigzin »

Thank you, heart.
I have heard and understand that introductory information. Just looking for deeper analysis as it appears there is little easily accessible information beyond what you have shared.
jamesrigzin

Post by jamesrigzin »

Forgive my ignorance.

But Chokgyur Lingpa extracted this terma; were images of the deities included in that initial extraction? Or did they come at a later time.
jamesrigzin

Post by jamesrigzin »

Also has the Sheldam Nyingjang been translated into English? I know Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche recently published a revised edition in Tibetan.
heart

Post by heart »

jamesrigzin wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:11 pm Forgive my ignorance.

But Chokgyur Lingpa extracted this terma; were images of the deities included in that initial extraction? Or did they come at a later time.
Yes, they are described in the terma.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

heart

Post by heart »

jamesrigzin wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:17 pm Also has the Sheldam Nyingjang been translated into English? I know Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche recently published a revised edition in Tibetan.
Maybe, but it is not available to my knowledge.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

jamesrigzin

Post by jamesrigzin »

Thanks heart.

Return to “Nyingma”