Visa to India, max 180 days at a time?

Help required with personal difficulties.
gelukman

Visa to India, max 180 days at a time?

Post by gelukman »

https://indiaevisas.org/

I see USA and from Japan they can stay in India for maximum 180 days at a time?

I am from EU and would like to take 5 years visa, with possibility to stay 180 days (90 days usually)

How should I proceed? Take business visa etc? Invitation letters from India?

I am mainly going there for Buddhism.
yagmort

Re: Visa to India, max 180 days at a time?

Post by yagmort »

since the statement is pretty clear that "..continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days for countries except USA and Japan" for the e-visa, there is no option for both 180 days continuous stay and 5 years validity visa.
you can try regular paper 6 months (there are single-, double- and multiple entries types) tourist visa through https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html. please note that paper visa is valid from the date of issue, not the date of entry to India, so your actual stay will most probably be slightly less than 6 months.
hope that helps
stay open, spread love
emaho

Post by emaho »

If you're planning to study at a Buddhist institute or to stay in a monastery, you could contact them and ask if they know of exceptions, like special students' visa. Otherwise the classic solution would be to go on a weekend trip to Kathmandu every 90 days. If that works for you depends of course on where you stay, in the north or in the south.
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
Tao

Post by Tao »

emaho wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:07 pm If you're planning to study at a Buddhist institute or to stay in a monastery, you could contact them and ask if they know of exceptions, like special students' visa. Otherwise the classic solution would be to go on a weekend trip to Kathmandu every 90 days. If that works for you depends of course on where you stay, in the north or in the south.
I'm not sure now, but in Nepal people did both things and they worked: student visa (you have to prove you're studying) or going abroad one or two days every 3 months and asking for new visa at the border when coming back.

Both things worked in the past (some years ago) in Nepal... I dont know now or in India...
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Have you considered going to a Buddhist country instead?
gelukman

Post by gelukman »

Inedible wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:02 am Have you considered going to a Buddhist country instead?
Well India is not my first choice at all. I prefer Buddhism in Kham. But right now not possible go there at all.

[Mod note Oct 2023: "Help required" topics are being locked on a regular base, because they were a general task for necroing in the past. But mostly the problems that require help are only short-term lasting and temporary.]

Return to “Help Required”