The love of Blooks

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
laic

The love of Blooks

Post by laic »

Just thought that I would share a hobby of mine, the love of Blooks.

It began when I wanted to print out my Google Blog. I found a Company in France, "Blookup", who would do it - at a price of course!

After getting my Blook (half book, half blog.......get it?) I had the idea of creating various Blooks of whatever took my fancy. I now have quite a library. It is a good way of passing the time and I find it very therapeutic.

Here is the front cover of one of my Blooks, "The Flower Ornament Scripture" (which consists of the verse sections of Chapter 1 of that scripture):-

The back page blurb says:-

"The verses of the scripture given here are the proclamations of a great series of Enlightenment Beings (Bodhisattvas) revealing how each came to realisation. Like all human beings each is unique and the circumstances of their enlightenment are singular. This can be seen as a mythic representation of all the countless acts of kindness, compassion, empathy and love expressed each and every day within our human family."
laic

Re: The love of Blooks

Post by laic »

A few other Blooks I have include 2 volumes of Bob Dylan's Lyrics, the Dhammapada, a couple of Chinese poetry ("Peach Blossom Spring" and "The Wang River Sequence"), T.S.Eliot's "Four Quartets" and one for what could be called devotional reading, "Love of the Pure Land", which includes the Shoshinge, Shinran's Tannisho, a few of Shinran's Hymns of the Pure Land Masters, verses and phrases of Rennyo and the myokonin Saichi, and "My Faith" by Kiyozawa Manshi. All illustrated courtesy of google images.

Choosing the images is the best part of creating a Blook. Reading the words of whatever you wish to illustrate you enter a phrase in the Google images Search and hey presto! a whole host of images pop up. Given that the phrase entered could be "understood" variously by the Google Search, some results can be mind boggling.

Return to “Media”