Dudjom Simhamukha Dokpa question

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
Orgyen Tara

Dudjom Simhamukha Dokpa question

Post by Orgyen Tara »

Hi all,

So I wondered if you know if the seed syllable for lion-headed dakini in this practice is a hung or a jo? Usually you always see a hung in depictions of the mantra but I ran across an online very brief teaching by a lama who was apparently in the entourage of HH JYD (the previous), who said that it was a jo?

I was prescribed this practice by one of my teachers for some general obstacles.. I do have wang/authorization plus have done it with my group as more of a fast opening prayer at big events. I have not so far gotten a teaching on it since it was being used as more of a rapid-fire opening prayer in a slew of opening prayers for a time, with maybe 7 or 21 mantras being said

I do really love the practice as a new, short personal daily.. I’m aware it’s very potent and am trying to be careful not to say the mantra too loud or do crazy amounts of it. It does feel very intense/wrathful to me. I wondered if any of you have anything you could share as far as knowledge or personal anecdotes about it. I think I’ve read everything that can possibly be found about it online over the last month, so more like personal anecdotes and just knowledge from your good authentic teachers if anyone feels comfortable, but also visualization details appropriate to this specific practice appreciated. If you feel it’s not appropriate to discuss online that’s fine

I do have teachers I can get more instruction from down the line when they are more available. Mainly though, was wondering about the hung, or the jo!?!

The practice I have is only 4 lines (no refuge/bodhichitta verses), then the mantra, and then the short dokpa prayer and finally 4 lines ending the practice that speak of the benefits of doing it. So I assume it’s fine to just jump right in tho I did add Ali Kali after the mantra and a standard dedication

Thanks all 🙏

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”