Vajrapani Bhutadamara (recently granted by HE Ngor Thartse Khen Rinpoche)

tony_montana

Vajrapani Bhutadamara (recently granted by HE Ngor Thartse Khen Rinpoche)

Post by tony_montana »

HE Ngor Thatrse Khen Rinpoche has recently granted a Bhutadamara Vajrapani empowerment, and HE Asanga Rinpoche will be granting the same empowerment along with Vajrakilaya in early august (https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=40745) . I understand that the practice of this form of Vajrapani is undertaken to deal with obstacles in the path of dharma practice. But I wonder if this practice is noted for other things as well. I am also curious how this practice compares with Vajrakilaya and Vajrabhairava as I always thought that the Sakya primarily rely upon Vajrakilaya to subdue obstacles. Similarly, it seems that this Deity arises in both Charya and Anuttarayoga Tantra classifications, I'm wondering if the empowerment thus granted is Charya or HYT? Thanks :namaste:
Kunga

Re: Vajrapani Bhutadamara (recently granted by HE Ngor Thartse Khen Rinpoche)

Post by Kunga »

Hi, it's HYT. Generally the first retreat one does in Sakya, and done often before starting ngondro practices or ley rung retreats. Yes, you're right the principle big guns in Sakya and Ngor are Phurba and Vajrabhairava. These have elaborate med ley rites and completion stages whereas I don't think Bhutadamara does. Though I could be mistaken. The only activities I've seen done with Bhutadamara are jinseks.

Return to “Sakya”