Concerning / Weird Medition experience / daydream

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
TrailSeeker

Concerning / Weird Medition experience / daydream

Post by TrailSeeker »

Hello Together,

Every now and then in My Life, I stumbled upon Meditation and tried it out. With guided Meditations, which an apprentice buddhism Friend. But somehow I could never grasp it. Especially all these guided Meditations. Breathe in slowly, let the thoughts pass by.
- Hold on. There are no thoughts and certainly, they are not flying by.
I'm not a visually Thinking Person. I think auditive.

Until recently (1-2) Months ago when I gave it another try and did some meditation during several walks outside in Nature. Although I did not find anything very specific, the time was relatively stressful and I found quite some calmness and Focus in Meditation.
A few sessions in, I had a weird/concerning experience, after which I stopped Meditating out of shock.
I was alone in nature and focussed on my breath, when all of a sudden some visualisations formed. I decided to not try to do much about it, just let it happen and enjoy the experience. It was like a day dream but I was fully concious.

I found myself making a burger. When I turned around, there was a Black Man, who snacked the Burger from my plate and ate it in one go. I asked him why he'd do that. He did not answer. All he did was stare at me from up close.
I was concious and though that there might be a purpose. That he had to tell me something. That there was a reason for him to all of a sudden apperar in my Daydream/Meditation (whatever it was).
I asked him. But he did not answer. He just continued staring at me intensely. Without any emotion. I got more and more upset about it, that he was in My meditation, daring to eat my sandwich and then having absolutely nothing to say.

In that situation the man did not go away. I started to get angry, shouted at him, what he wants from me, why he ate my burger. All of a sudden he started to move his head very disturbingly back and forth. Slowly, then more swift. It was quite scary but I told my self that he can't scare me in my Meditation/dream. At some point, I hit him, very hard. In that moment, his head split open and became a Monstrous big creature. Trying to eat me.
I held it away from me until I said to me: Alright. This is just a Dream nothing can happen.
I told the monster, that I was not scared, it should eat me. Which it did. I became bodyless and fell in kind of a tunnel Vortex. Endless, shifting colors, it would not stop.

After a short while, I opened my eyes and decided to Walk home. The whole way home, I was very startled. Was I getting mad? Who was that man? Why was he there? What was that for an uncomfortable, tense, violent situation, when it all started so peacefully? Why did I hit that Man, which I dont know, when I am normally a Pacifist.

Since then I stopped Meditating and did not have such an experience anymore.

Has anyone had such an experience or an Idea what it could mean or how to treat such a situation, when I decide to Meditate again? (I do not want to give up but I also do not want to have such an experience again)
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Concerning / Weird Medition experience / daydream

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

It means you were dreaming.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
tingdzin

Re: Concerning / Weird Medition experience / daydream

Post by tingdzin »

Keep meditating. Such experiences will probably not reoccur. If they do, just keep realizing you are dreaming.

Return to “Meditation”