Birthrights matter

oldbob

Birthrights matter

Post by oldbob »

:namaste:

Birthrights matter!

Issues relating to Transmission and access to the Digital Archive of the Teachings of ChNN.

I have posted some/all of this before in other threads but the discussion was always interrupted so now I'm trying again.

I hope the moderators will allow this thread to be easy to find without much searching.

Here is a discussion of some of the issues surrounding access to the Digital Archive and Transcript Archive of ChNN as held at Merigar.

It is hoped that those who are responsible, and have capacity, will allow the preservation of and easy open access for all who seek to learn and practice the Secondary Practices of ChNN, so that a living Transmission Lineage can be created and preserved for all time.

Out of great compassion, the historical Buddha taught more than 80,000 different Teachings so that there would be something for everyone. Each person and circumstance is unique.

What was suitable for one person at one point in their life, is not suitable for another time. What is useful for one person is not useful for another.

It is reasonable and prudent for practitioners to seek out the Secondary Practices that are most beneficial for their spiritual development.

ChNN never turned anyone away from the Teachings. Whomever showed up, was allowed to attend, and receive the teaching of that retreat.

Through Generosity / sponsorship, no one was turned away for lack of funds.

Old students, and new students, were all treated the same. A person’s capacity and diligence of application, were the only limits. For the special teachings of Yangtig (Dark Retreat) and Togyal, ChNN requested a letter of request and then allowed all who wrote this letter to attend.

The openhearted generosity of ChNN was limitless. All who sought the Secondary Teachings of Dzogchen, received them, fully, with nothing held back.

This is the golden birthright of the students of ChNN, old and new, now, and for all of the future.

One of the profound results of this open-hearted birthright is the potential opportunity for practitioners alive today, and for those of all of the future, to receive transmission for, and then practice, and get the benefits of, any of the Secondary Practices that ChNN taught.

Working with circumstances, the followers of ChNN can work out how to transmit and preserve the practice lineage for all of the Secondary Practices.

Working with circumstances suggests that there can be new ways developed to authentically authorize the transmission of all of the Secondary Practices. There are many ancient methods of transmission so as to suit the needs of many types of capacities.

The modern age (computers / audio /video recording allow new, effective methods to be developed that will continue the turning of the wheel.

For those who are content just to listen to the Teachings from the recordings of ChNN, this is one method. Perhaps this would allow anyone who had received a Direct Introduction to listen to all of the Digital Archive. Perhaps it would be reasonable to allow anyone who had received Dzogchen Transmission from any Dzogchen Master to be a part of this group.

For those who are content to have a symbolic initiation, perhaps it would be sufficient to allow someone who is a lineage holder to hold up an object representing the teachings such as a crystal or vajra. This could be in person or on the web.

For those seeking a reading authorization (Lung), symbolic transmission could be allowed by the touching of the receivers head by a pecha - Tibetan block print book, or other representation of the words of the Teaching - that was held by a lineage holder.

For those seeking a formal Lung (where the Tibetan practice book is read with speed reading in front of the recipient,) this could be allowed. This could also be allowed over the web in real time.

Perhaps lineage holding Tibetan speakers could be found who could fulfill this responsibility.

For those who require a formal, live in person presentation, oral explanation of the Teaching, perhaps lineage holders could be found to allow this in local language. For those who are content with receiving this in real time over the web, perhaps this could also be allowed.

For those who are content to receive their oral explanation from the Digital Archive, then this is also one method.

For those who require a traditional formal empowerment, reading authorization and oral explanation (wang lung and tri), from a living Teacher, then this is one method and could be fulfilled in a long Summer retreat.

The key point is to enable a living transmission, in a form that is suitable for each practitioner, for all who seek the teachings.

A beginning would be to allow for the Digital Archive to be placed on line, and allow anyone searching there, to use whatever they could find to advance their spiritual practice. This is doable now.

Things that are secret remain secret, because usefulness depends on capacity and understanding.

If the Members have a place to create a dialog about these issues and can change the Statutes of the IDC to reflect these ideas then the Transmission Lineage of ChNN can take place within the IDC.

:heart:
Arnoud

Re: Birthrights matter

Post by Arnoud »

Dear Bob,

If you want the moderators to leave this thread alone then you shouldn’t post the same post under two different titles. That’s called spamming. It doesn’t matter how attached you are to the subject matter of the post itself.
I hope you can find peace regarding this issue. Best of luck,

Arnoud
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

I don't know?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming

I am in consultation with the Moderators, and have broken up a long post into three posts at their suggestion.

I am 76 years old with several health issues. I want to make sure that these ideas are not lost or forgotten.

Yes, these issues are important to me.

Perhaps attacks are from a political basis by those whose income and power structures are threatened and not out of concern for the DW TOS.

Out of concern for unborn who will want to have access to the Teachings of ChNN, I am trying to address these issues in this life.

Best, Bob
gelukman

Post by gelukman »

Passion matters! :twothumbsup: :heart:

In this digital era those who seek will find teachings.
They are there!! If some one dont know. I can point in private
message where you will find so much teachings, that your mind
will collapse and have no energy for conceptuaalisation any more :rolling:
If you have the passion for liberation. You will seek teachings
like your head would be on fire.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

:namaste:

"No energy for conceptualization" is very important as a stage in practice.

https://www.lotsawahouse.org/tibetan-ma ... rje/rushen

This is one of the marvelous birthrights of ChNN. I practiced twice with ChNN and twice in the Longchen Nyingtig with Lama Gonpo Tsetan Rinpoche.

The Rushens have been taught at least twice, openly by Westerners in the Community of ChNN.

The International Dzogchen Community summer retreat for North America just ended, with 20 or so happy participants.

Instead of doing the Rushens, they taught the 4 yogas of Gampopa and Dream Yoga. Very nice Teachings but they don't compel you, in a short time, to have "no energy for conceptualization."

The Rushens do.

ChNN taught the outer Rushen to over a hundred very happy new practitioners in the OZ retreat in 1982.

This year, "Those Responsible" stated that there was not enough room on the retreat land of Tsegyalgar for Rushens.

So here is what they taught / practiced.

https://www.tsegyalgar.org/Data/compone ... 062022.pdf

I attended the cook-out at the end, and there were 30 or so there. It was very nice.

Maybe next year they will allow the Rushens to be taught.

:heart:

Return to “Dzogchen”