Best deities-practices for eliminating or transforming heavy negative karma. Root Guru

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
conebeckham

Re: Best deities-practices for eliminating or transforming heavy negative karma. Root Guru

Post by conebeckham »

Recite the 7 line prayer to Guru Rinpoche, condense all one's teachers into that, recite the mantra, generate devotion to the gurus and the three roots and three jewels, generate compassion for oneself and all sentient beings, and practice resting one's mind.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Lingpupa

Re: Best deities-practices for eliminating or transforming heavy negative karma. Root Guru

Post by Lingpupa »

Loto-Trueno wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:47 am
There is a rule here against "teaching" on the forums (for good reasons I think), but Cone has made good suggestions, and I can PM you tomorrow. (I'm on Central European Time, BTW.)
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Loto-Trueno

Post by Loto-Trueno »

conebeckham wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:48 pm Recite the 7 line prayer to Guru Rinpoche, condense all one's teachers into that, recite the mantra, generate devotion to the gurus and the three roots and three jewels, generate compassion for oneself and all sentient beings, and practice resting one's mind.
Hi Cone. Thank you very much for the advice, I will do as you say, or at least try.
So I can start with preliminaries, prostrating and taking refuge, the 4 immesurables 7 branch prayer, then Mandala offering, and then I start with a visualization of Padmasambhava, after which I recite the 7 line prayer, short mantra, compassion for all beings and oneself, dedication nand then rigpa meditation?.. What dou you think on that? Or maybe I'm complicating too much??

Also, yesterday I did a Guru Yoga practice of Tsonkhapa who prepared geshe, its very beautiful and purifying, but too long to practice daily along with my other practices... Anyway Tsongkhapa and Vajra Guru are the same, although I have s especial atracction towards Guru Rinpoche.

Thanks again and blessings.
Loto-Trueno

Post by Loto-Trueno »

Lingpupa wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:14 pm
Loto-Trueno wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:47 am
There is a rule here against "teaching" on the forums (for good reasons I think), but Cone has made good suggestions, and I can PM you tomorrow. (I'm on Central European Time, BTW.)
I understand the rule, but your message will be super appreciated. I cannot send messages yet because my account is new, but maybe I can receive them

I don't know if I can post here my e-mail or whatsapp number, or maybe a link with my information, I dunno... , just want to be sure, and I hope you can send me a message, that would be very awesome, Ambrosía.

Thanks a lot and have a great day.. I think its about to sunrise in Europe, here in Mexico we are at 22:30
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 pm
Loto-Trueno wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:40 am
First; what deity or practice each of you consider would be better to clean, revert, transform very dirty, thick and dense karma
Guru Yoga, followed by samadhi.
Does this also work for repairing samaya downfalls/breaches etc. particularly from a Dzogchen viewpoint? And is there any prescribed length of time one should try to maintain the samadhi of the View for the repairing to be effective or just doing your best works?

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”