Help me find a lama in Germany

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Tilopa

Help me find a lama in Germany

Post by Tilopa »

I have a situation someone here may be able to help me with.

I've been contacted by a friend whose sick relative has been advised by a lama living in Nepal to have a specific puja done to aid their recovery and apparently he/she needs to be physically present for it to be effective. This person lives in a small town near Wuppertal - other cities not too far away include Dusseldorf, Essen, Duisburg and Cologne.

They're hoping to locate a lama somewhere in this area who could help.

I don't think it's a complicated or especially elaborate practice, apparently it's a spirit interference that needs to be pacified.

Does anyone know of a lama living in this part of Germany or if not how I, as a non European, might go about finding one?

Thank you for whatever help you can offer.

:anjali:
Konchog1

Re: Help me find a lama in Germany

Post by Konchog1 »

There are two FPMT centers in southern Germany but it is a bit of a drive.

https://fpmt.org/centers/germany/
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

What puja?
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

From a Gelug perspective, HE Dagyab Rinpoche has a center (s) in Germany. There is a significant Tibetan population in Switzerland and one big one center/institute in Austria.--=probably more

Quick glance there are Nyingma and Kagyu presence too. I believe there are some Sakya in Slovenia.

Shaun :namaste:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Tilopa wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:18 am I have a situation someone here may be able to help me with.

I've been contacted by a friend whose sick relative has been advised by a lama living in Nepal to have a specific puja done to aid their recovery and apparently he/she needs to be physically present for it to be effective. This person lives in a small town near Wuppertal - other cities not too far away include Dusseldorf, Essen, Duisburg and Cologne.

They're hoping to locate a lama somewhere in this area who could help.

I don't think it's a complicated or especially elaborate practice, apparently it's a spirit interference that needs to be pacified.

Does anyone know of a lama living in this part of Germany or if not how I, as a non European, might go about finding one?

Thank you for whatever help you can offer.

:anjali:
You have received a PM.
Tilopa

Post by Tilopa »

Thanks for the replies and I'm aware of lamas in other parts of Germany and Europe but due to this persons personal circumstances they are unable to travel too far from home.

I will keep looking.

:namaste:
Fee

Post by Fee »

There are some centers in West Germany and Belgium, but I can't say 100% if that's what you're looking for.

There is a center in Huy/Belgium, about 200km from Wuppertal:
https://www.tibinst.be
I was there last time in the 90's when Lama Karta was still alive, maybe something has changed.

In Germany is for example the Kamalashila.Institut (www.kamalashila.de; also available in English). Distance from Wuppertal about 120 km.
This is relatively open (no closed retreats) and has 2 resident lamas who are also regularly in Cologne, which is easier to reach from Wuppertal.

In Cologne itself there is also a center with a resident Geshe: https://www.thoesamling.de

About 80 km away from Wuppertal, in Windeck, there are 2 centers, one of Do Tulku and a retreat center of Thrangu Rinpoche. I don't know to what extent your request can be fulfilled there, because I don't know if there are longer retreats going on.

https://halscheid-retreat.de is the retreat center, the other is directly across the street.
Tilopa

Post by Tilopa »

Fee wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:47 pm There are some centers in West Germany and Belgium....
Very helpful, thank you.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”