Drikung Yangzab Structure

Konchog Thogme Jampa

Drikung Yangzab Structure

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Is there a website anywhere that lays out all of the termas, texts and practices within the Drikung Yangzab? So the overall map and structure.

Looked online but can’t find anything complete.
bryandavis

Re: Drikung Yangzab Structure

Post by bryandavis »

There is no site in English that has this info. Ontrul Rinpoche has a Yangzab study program with some of his centers or at least did. But it has been years since I have seen any activity regarding that.

From what I have seen over the years in the Drikung lineage is that the Yangzab practices are scattered. A little of this practice here, a little of that one there, but no real step by step thing.

Also, I have heard from a very trusted source that there is really no one in Drikung, at least from the institutional lineage holders who really practices or is practicing the Yangzab cycle when it comes the four visions.

Ontrul Rinpoche, mayb Togden Rinpoche, the late Lamchen Gyalpo, where into Yangzab. Garchen Rinpoche holds the entire transmission lineage but he has mainly practiced Khenpo Ngagkchungs earwhispered lineage when it comes to Nyingthik cycles.

Gape Lama a.k.a. Lama Thubten Nyima holds the Yangzab lineage as well. He is a very good source if you can get in contact.

The Yangzab Shitro is the recommend empowerment to the trekcho and togal practices. As stated in the root terma of "the complete perfection of primordial wisdom of the completion stage".....

" Then you should be ripened through the empowerments into the mandala of the peaceful and wrathful deities...."

As has been spoken of here in other threads by Lopon Malcolm, the Yangzab is an appendix to the Khandro Nyingtig and has many wrathful activity practices connected with it.

Garchen Rinpoche has given the Tsewang Dzinpa empowerment a few times and the Yangzab Shitro a few times as well. You can look out for those in the near future. The Tsewang Dzinpa as a gateway into Yangzab in general, and the Shitro as it includes the rigpai tsalwangs for trekcho and togal.
heart

Post by heart »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:17 pm Is there a website anywhere that lays out all of the termas, texts and practices within the Drikung Yangzab? So the overall map and structure.

I received from Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche the ngondro and the main yidam practice that is a hayagriva/varahi practice along with several other empowerments and teachings (one which was a trechö teaching). But he never told us about the further structure.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Konchog Thogme Jampa

bryandavis wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:41 am There is no site in English that has this info. Ontrul Rinpoche has a Yangzab study program with some of his centers or at least did. But it has been years since I have seen any activity regarding that.

From what I have seen over the years in the Drikung lineage is that the Yangzab practices are scattered. A little of this practice here, a little of that one there, but no real step by step thing.

Also, I have heard from a very trusted source that there is really no one in Drikung, at least from the institutional lineage holders who really practices or is practicing the Yangzab cycle when it comes the four visions.

Ontrul Rinpoche, mayb Togden Rinpoche, the late Lamchen Gyalpo, where into Yangzab. Garchen Rinpoche holds the entire transmission lineage but he has mainly practiced Khenpo Ngagkchungs earwhispered lineage when it comes to Nyingthik cycles.

Gape Lama a.k.a. Lama Thubten Nyima holds the Yangzab lineage as well. He is a very good source if you can get in contact.

The Yangzab Shitro is the recommend empowerment to the trekcho and togal practices. As stated in the root terma of "the complete perfection of primordial wisdom of the completion stage".....

" Then you should be ripened through the empowerments into the mandala of the peaceful and wrathful deities...."

As has been spoken of here in other threads by Lopon Malcolm, the Yangzab is an appendix to the Khandro Nyingtig and has many wrathful activity practices connected with it.

Garchen Rinpoche has given the Tsewang Dzinpa empowerment a few times and the Yangzab Shitro a few times as well. You can look out for those in the near future. The Tsewang Dzinpa as a gateway into Yangzab in general, and the Shitro as it includes the rigpai tsalwangs for trekcho and togal.
Thanks Bryan 😀

I hope one day HEGR gives the Drolo from the Yangzab also
Konchog Thogme Jampa

heart wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:07 pm
Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:17 pm Is there a website anywhere that lays out all of the termas, texts and practices within the Drikung Yangzab? So the overall map and structure.

I received from Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche the ngondro and the main yidam practice that is a hayagriva/varahi practice along with several other empowerments and teachings (one which was a trechö teaching). But he never told us about the further structure.

/magnus
Thanks Magnus for the info you were fortunate to receive that 😀
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

/magnus
Yangzab is like most Nyingma systems: preliminaries, combined three roots, and then move on to Nyinthig practices, rushan, all under the guidance of one's teacher.

Dzogchen is Dzogchen. People make a big deal out of this lineage and that lineage, but it all comes from the Dzogchen tantras. As the Yangzab is an appendix of the Kandro Nyinthig, the systematic way of practicing it is no different than what Longchenpa explains in his long commentary on the Khandro Nyintig, which is preserved in the Khandro Yantig.
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

But he never told us about the further structure.

/magnus
Maybe because in drikung, most lay practitioners prefer to do fivefold mahamudra with the five deities chakrasamvara.

For yangzab, many people never managed to receive the empowerments or transmission for the entire cycle and as a result, some choose to do bits and pieces here and there like the hundred deities and their dharna protectors, guru yoga , etc.
Also there are probably no time to do two complete sets of teachings together
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:58 pm
bryandavis wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:41 am There is no site in English that has this info. Ontrul Rinpoche has a Yangzab study program with some of his centers or at least did. But it has been years since I have seen any activity regarding that.

Thanks Bryan 😀

It would be nice to receive this. It is also a single Syllanbe HUM pracrtice much like Tsewang Dzinpa. I have never seen him offer the Drollo wang.
That Drollow wang in in the Rinchen Terdzo as well.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

bryandavis wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:52 pm
Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:58 pm

Thanks Bryan 😀

It would be nice to receive this. It is also a single Syllanbe HUM pracrtice much like Tsewang Dzinpa. I have never seen him offer the Drollo wang.
That Drollow wang in in the Rinchen Terdzo as well.

Thanks Bryan

Maybe we can make aspiration prayers for the Drolo to potentially happen 🙏😊🙏
Cinnabar

Post by Cinnabar »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:17 pm texts and practices within the Drikung Yangzab?
What is it that you want to know?

Return to “Dzogchen”