Want to get a LN Ngondro Lung, but I am really scared.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Dazey

Want to get a LN Ngondro Lung, but I am really scared.

Post by Dazey »

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum so pardon me if I am being silly here.

I have really connected to Patrul Rinpoche and his work Kunsang Lamey Shellung and the Longchen Nyingthig lineage. I have this detailed audio teaching from a Khenpo of Gonjang Gompa (Sikkim, India) on Kunsang Lamey Shellung which I listen to often, I happen to get it from a friend’s friend many years ago.
I have been reading the Long hen Nyingthik Ngondro prayer on and off for few months now and I feel like I need to get the LN Ngondro lung. Since I am in Dharmashala, I searched and found about Chamtrul Rinpoche. I am not sure if Rinpoche gives LN Ngondro lung but there is no harm in trying but my problem is I feel like I am not ready and also I am afraid of meeting Rinpoche or going to the Center because I feel he will see right through all my negative emotions and defilements etc.. and also what if I am not able to practice the Ngondro as per the guidance of Rinpoche. I understand Rinpoche will only have compassion in his heart but still I feel stuck. Basically my mind is all over the place about it.

I had no one to discuss this with, so I decided to ask here. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you. ♥️
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Want to get a LN Ngondro Lung, but I am really scared.

Post by Ayu »

Why don't you try a more simple step at first and just join a lecture and meet him like this.
I my feeling it's strange to start a relationship without having the chance to meet.
If you think, you're not ready, it's a valid emotion. You should take care of yourself. Nobody should expect you to start Ngondro before you understand what it means.
There are thousand different and less stressful ways to get to meet a lama.
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

If you are sick you go to a doctor.

If you are filled with negative emotions, harmful thought, like most of us, definitly you should practice. Ngondro is there to help you. If you were 100 % pure and perfect, there would be no point in doing Ngondro. It is there to help you. It is here to be practiced. The only thing you need is good will and practice. The rest will take care of itself.
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

Dazey wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:00 am. I am not sure if Rinpoche gives LN Ngondro lung but there is no harm in trying but my problem is I feel like I am not ready and also I am afraid of meeting Rinpoche or going to the Center because I feel he will see right through all my negative emotions and defilements etc.. and also what if I am not able to practice the Ngondro as per the guidance of Rinpoche. I understand Rinpoche will only have compassion in his heart but still I feel stuck. Basically my mind is all over the place about it.

I had no one to discuss this with, so I decided to ask here. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you. ♥️
For your information, most buddhists are full of negative emotion and defilement and thats why they are practicing!!
If you expect to find lots of saints in a buddhist center or temple, you will only meet with disappointment.

Ngondro is spilt into common and uncommon practices. For the common practices like contemplating on precious human life, karma, etc, you don't need a transmission or empowerment.
Maybe thats what you should focusing on instead for now?
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

I would go, meet him, and get started.
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Dazey wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:00 am Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum so pardon me if I am being silly here.

I have really connected to Patrul Rinpoche and his work Kunsang Lamey Shellung and the Longchen Nyingthig lineage. I have this detailed audio teaching from a Khenpo of Gonjang Gompa (Sikkim, India) on Kunsang Lamey Shellung which I listen to often, I happen to get it from a friend’s friend many years ago.
I have been reading the Long hen Nyingthik Ngondro prayer on and off for few months now and I feel like I need to get the LN Ngondro lung. Since I am in Dharmashala, I searched and found about Chamtrul Rinpoche. I am not sure if Rinpoche gives LN Ngondro lung but there is no harm in trying but my problem is I feel like I am not ready and also I am afraid of meeting Rinpoche or going to the Center because I feel he will see right through all my negative emotions and defilements etc.. and also what if I am not able to practice the Ngondro as per the guidance of Rinpoche. I understand Rinpoche will only have compassion in his heart but still I feel stuck. Basically my mind is all over the place about it.

You are definitely overt thinking. Dharma is to be enjoyed. Try to relax and work with your mind. Thats what dharma is for. You are not suppouse to be a sublime being and then do dharma. We all start being deluded, full of kleshas human beings
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

You sound like me the first time I wanted to ask a girl out. Just do it. The reaction is not in your hands.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”