FPMT Light of the Path 2022

Dharmadale

FPMT Light of the Path 2022

Post by Dharmadale »

The Light if the Path retreat that was scheduled to be held as a hybrid online/residential retreat later this year no longer seems to appear on the web page that shows Lama Zopa Rinpoche's schedule. I have seen no announcements on the FPMT social media pages that says it has been cancelled. Are there any FPMT people on here that know if it is going ahead?
Lobsang Chojor

Re: FPMT Light of the Path 2022

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

It was there yesterday when I looked but the information about registering from Kadampa Centre, NC was never released so maybe they're changing how they will run the retreat this year as a hybrid.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Bristollad

Post by Bristollad »

Perhaps it would be worthwhile contacting the centre via email to see what's happening?

https://kadampa-center.org/contact-us
The antidote—to be free from the suffering of samsara—you need to be free from delusion and karma; you need to be free from ignorance, the root of samsara. So you need to meditate on emptiness. That is what you need. Lama Zopa Rinpoche
Dharmadale

Post by Dharmadale »

Thanks for your replies, I'll give it a week or two to see if any info shows up on their website before I contact them.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Dharmadale wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:12 pm Thanks for your replies, I'll give it a week or two to see if any info shows up on their website before I contact them.
This is my home center that hosts the retreat. I have been a bit disconnected since COVID, but I can reach out and see.

Shaun :namaste:
Dharmadale

Post by Dharmadale »

Thanks Shaun,
I have a look at Lama Zopa's schedule every week and it seems like it has disappeared from the schedule only very recently. If it has had to be cancelled perhaps the message is still getting out there.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Dharmadale wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:30 pm Thanks Shaun,
I have a look at Lama Zopa's schedule every week and it seems like it has disappeared from the schedule only very recently. If it has had to be cancelled perhaps the message is still getting out there.
I just messaged our SPC and evidently there were some obstacles/complications with some of the final details. Rinpoche advised to "pause" LOP until we can host live again at the YMCA Blue Ridge Center here in Black Mountain, NC. Dates to be announced.

He will be teaching at ABC in Singapore (I assume this year) and this will be in-person and live streamed.

Shaun :namaste: :namaste:
Dharmadale

Post by Dharmadale »

Thank you,
Hopefully it won't be on pause for too long! Good news that he may be travelling again. I keep checking the schedule in the hope that his Australian visit will be rescheduled.
Thousand thousand

Post by Thousand thousand »

It is scheduled for 2023, like the Rinjung Gyatsa at Bendigo...

Return to “Gelug”