Shingon Discord servers?

KiwiNFLFan

Shingon Discord servers?

Post by KiwiNFLFan »

Does anyone know of any Shingon Discord servers? There is no temple near me so it would be good to connect with other practitioners online.

I know that this Vajrayana server has a Shingon section, but it would be good to find one dedicated entirely to Shingon.
amt

Re: Shingon Discord servers?

Post by amt »

I don't think you will find something on discord. The number of Shingon ajaris who are native English speakers or teach in fluent English can be counted on one or two hands at most. As far as the Koyasan branch (pretty much the only branch active outside Japan that I'm aware of), I think I'm aware of pretty much everybody who's actually teaching in any capacity. Of those, nobody is on discord.

A rather unconventional suggestion perhaps. There is a Shingon facebook group where you can ask questions about Shingon and get authoritative answers. It is run by the only English speaking dai-ajari (ever). Read through the group first before you ask something, you'll get a sense of the purpose and what kind of questions are likely to get answered.

If you're looking to learn or practice remotely, both Seattle Koyasan and Portland Henjyoji temples have weekly online events. Both teachers are qualified teachers in good standing with Koyasan headquarters. I've interacted with both of them and can recommend them highly.

Out of curiosity, but which corner of the planet do you live in and why the interest in Shingon?

Return to “Shingon”