Join the Seven-Line Prayer global accumulation: a powerful method to heal our world.

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Join the Seven-Line Prayer global accumulation: a powerful method to heal our world.

Post by Adamantine »

Please visit the new site: https://www.sevenlineprayer.com/

From the site:
Why we are joining together to recite 21,000,000,000 and why this invocation is so powerful:

The Seven-Line Prayer, an invocation of the Indian Mahasiddha named Padmasambhava—also often referred to as Guru Rinpoche, "Precious Guru" and known as the Second Buddha—is not merely a prayer. It also functions as a method to awaken one's own primordial wisdom-mind according to the profound path of Ati Yoga. Although Padmasambhava is a historical figure who's known for establishing the Dharma in the land of Tibet, removing all obstacles and training his heart disciples; it's also understood that he achieved a miraculous state beyond death through which he can spontaneously benefit all those who address him with heartfelt devotion. The Seven-Line Prayer is universally known as the best means with which to do so.

One special revealer of Padmasambhava's hidden treasure teachings in the 20th century, widely considered to be both his emanation and regent, was Kyabje Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje Rinpoche (1904-1987). Dudjom Rinpoche's own son, heart disciple and lineage heir known as Dungse Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche, in the years prior to his Mahaparinirvana in 2018, often repeated this heartfelt advice to many of his disciples:

The most important activity to help dispel imminent global obstacles to peace and harmony, as well as environmental problems, disease and instability, is to recite and accumulate the Seven-Line Prayer.

At the time when Rinpoche last spoke of this in early 2018, he increased the number he felt would be able to shift our world's destructive course from one billion recitations to twenty one billion (21,000,000,000). The implication was that the negative potentials had gained so much momentum that it would require this immense number to turn the tide. Clearly this will require a global effort!

Since up until now there has not been enough of an outreach, the current count is at almost 10 million. Although there is still a long way to go to achieve 21 billion, if everyone joins in with joyful diligence it is certain that we can accomplish our goal.

Each person who joins a vast collective accumulation like this—no matter the amount they contribute—gathers the same merit as if they had achieved the total on their own.

So let's use this time when millions of us in many countries are forced to stay at home wisely, to progress in this accumulation for our own protection and for everyone's benefit. And please share this website as widely as possible.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Join the Seven-Line Prayer global accumulation: a powerful method to heal our world.

Post by Adamantine »

[media] [/media]
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Join the Seven-Line Prayer global accumulation: a powerful method to heal our world.

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

:twothumbsup: Perfect!
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:34 am :twothumbsup: Perfect!
:twothumbsup:

I wonder, are you the only one here that saw this Könchok?

:shrug: ;)
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Adamantine wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:19 am
Könchok Thrinley wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:34 am :twothumbsup: Perfect!
:twothumbsup:

I wonder, are you the only one here that saw this Könchok?

:shrug: ;)
Yeah, I would have expected better turnout. :lol: Oh, well I might have to start accumulating too...
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
madhusudan

Post by madhusudan »

No, my good man, I thank you for drawing attention to this effort. I intend on joining once I've memorized the Tibetan. I'm sure others were similarly inspired but simply declined to post a message.

Has anyone read Sole Panacea from Thinley Norbu Rinpoche? I want to connect more with this prayer, but am also trying not to accumulate many possessions.
jake5521

Post by jake5521 »

No I haven't read that one, what is it about brother?
madhusudan

Post by madhusudan »

jake5521 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 pm No I haven't read that one, what is it about brother?
Sole Panacea is a commentary by Thinley Norbu Rinpoche on the 7-Line-Prayer:

https://www.amazon.com/Sole-Panacea-Com ... B00LFZ9I2U

Another one I'm looking at is White Lotus by Jamgon Mipham Rinpoche:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Lotus-Expl ... 1590305116
jake5521

Post by jake5521 »

Ohh thank you, I will definitely look at those
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

madhusudan wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:40 am
jake5521 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 pm No I haven't read that one, what is it about brother?
Sole Panacea is a commentary by Thinley Norbu Rinpoche on the 7-Line-Prayer:

https://www.amazon.com/Sole-Panacea-Com ... B00LFZ9I2U

Another one I'm looking at is White Lotus by Jamgon Mipham Rinpoche:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Lotus-Expl ... 1590305116
Yes, they are both good. However, White Lotus is more focused on the Seven-Line Prayer itself and it’s different levels of meaning and practice. The Sole Panacea uses it as a launching point to explore other questions. So to go into real depth with practicing on the Seven-Line Prayer I’d recommend beginning with White Lotus. There is also a commentary on the meanings elaborated in White Lotus in chapter 11 of Enlightened Journey by Tulku Thondup Rinpoche.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Adamantine wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm ... White Lotus is more focused on the Seven-Line Prayer itself and it’s different ... meaning[s] ...
This.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

The Venerable Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche requests everyone to join the global accumulation of the Seven-Line Prayer. You can see the posting on: http://www.vairotsana.org/ As you can see, this is the time.
Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche is asking us to join the global accumulation of the Seven-Line Prayer. To participate in this, please join the sevenlineprayer.com to submit your accumulations. The goal is to reach 21,000,000,000 recitations.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

https://www.sevenlineprayer.com/teach ... rangbar
The Seven Line Invocation of Guru Rinpoche
An Elixir of Immortality From Enlightened Intent

By Lama Rangbar Nyima Ozer

Namo Guru Padmakaraye
Although there is no ultimately stabilized maturity in my continuum that I can extol as out of the ordinary, due to a sincere request, I will offer a fraction of an explanation of the basic functions of the Seven Line prayer from my experience for those wishing to extract themselves from confused and cyclic modes of being.

To begin with, this ordinary mind is continuously distracted from the appearance of its own fundamental pure ground. How does this happen you may ask. Although there is not one iota of truth in the arising of phenomenon as a separated multiplicity, mind seizes upon appearances coloring them with the tainted lens of wants, rejections and bewilderment while fortifying these erroneous beliefs with labels. As if these self-inflicted distractions were not already a significant challenge to overcome, other beings also trapped by their own individuated grasping onto perceptions work to assure the reification of false appearances of our dualistic assignments so they feel justified in holding onto their delusions.

As a result of the ripening of the excellent fortune first set in motion by Lord Buddha the Rishi of the Shakya clan, combined with the needs of sentient beings to completely transcend the endless pain of sustained delusion, upon the passing of Lord Buddha Shakyamuni, Amitabha Buddha emanated a heart-ray resplendent with wisdom lights which penetrated through the total resonance of the Samboghakaya, which took form as the arising of the miraculous form we have come to call, Padmasambhava the Lotus Born Guru. The miraculous nature of his birth itself is indicative proof of his purity and transcendence from error in any and all senses.

This great being understood the infallible nature of that which appeared to be born of cause and that which was beyond cause and condition. Because of the unobstructed continuum he was manifesting then and now, he was not bound by localized intellectual constructs such as time and space or self-infatuated refence points. Guru Rinpoche understood perfectly how to assist beings trapped by their own immersion in confusion and as a result of this ability generated countless methods that could be applied by limitless migrators in Samsara. It is also due to this, that Guru Rinpcohe’s ability to read clairvoyantly through the three times and ten directions gave rise to numerous predictions and powerful methods which continue to arise as precise medicines for our world’s ills today.

Even during his own historic time, being flawlessly adept at navigating through the illusory appearances of obstacles and the like, he composed and gave rise to several prayers designed to invoke his unfathomable blessing stream without reference to time and space. Probably the most important and essentialized example of this is the Seven Line Prayer or invocation of Guru Rinpoche brought forth by the Dakinis themselves. The history of the initial appearance, use and detailed meaning of this prayer are available elsewhere in great detail in texts by several great Treasure revealers such as Karma Lingpa, Chogyur Lingpa and a host of others. For me to try to elaborate on these points would be like a child pointing into the sky and explaining where the light of the sun comes from and so I wish not to make a fool of myself when such accurate and pure material is so readily accessible.

Instead I intend to share what I have gathered within the practice of plowing of my own field of experiences born from following the instructions of many revered holy masters of our Ancient Lineage.

Whereas it was previously thought to be exclusively a matter of science fiction, many of us now speculate that time travel may one day be possible. The warp and weft of space and time’s fabric is now a common topic among the world’s living leaders in the field of physics. Although we may not yet be able to step into a small wooden box with dials and buttons and arrive in the past or future, there is now deep suspicion that it might in fact be possible on some level. For us faithful followers of Guru Padmasambhava, this is in fact a basic underlying principle of our daily practice of Guru Yoga.

Using the recitation of the Seven Line Prayer and utterance of Guru Padmasambhava’s mantra, the false constructs of delusions can be instantaneously or at least gradually eradicated. In the common language of both the general public and Buddhist practitioners alike, the Seven Lines we are talking about are called “The Seven Line Prayer to Guru Rinpoche” and his mantra are often referred to as “The Mantra of Guru Rinpoche” and so on. In fact, if understood properly, the Seven Line Invocation to the Guru when uttered by a practitioner with ordinary awareness and devotion, is in fact Guru Rinpoche himself inseparable from its utterance.

Because of this, this prayer, invocation or miraculous formula, however you may wish to label it, is none other than a clear and direct opening of the Heart-Mind of the Guru’s spontaneous presence of wisdom awareness and function of unobstructed compassion simultaneously. Considered by wise people to be the condensed essence of all Tantras and Mantras rolled into one prayer, a single utterance of the seven line invocation is minimally the equivalent of giving rise to Guru Rinpoche himself.

If this view of the prayer can be maintained even sporadically throughout any given practice session, the blessing stream is manifest without regard to any other obstructing or contributing factors. In simple terms, even if one only had mediocre faith in the recitation of the Seven Line Prayer, the positive downpour of blessings are unstoppable. It is this unique power of this all-pervasive template of complete enlightenment that makes it so appropriate for the challenges we now face on all levels, outer, inner and secret.

The Seven Line Prayer, is the one panacea, simple and easy to practice, which curtails the need for other elaborated practices while having the power to illuminate any darkness of the mind. It is difficult to think of any single more powerful antidotes to the deep sense of angst we are all experiencing these days.

Its radiant utterance purifies all corrupt and untruthful speech and overpowers conceited misleading speech. The wake of its instantaneous ripening causes ordinary appearances of suffering to arise as wisdom nectar and clears away the causes for future rebirths in confused existences.

Having been requested by a close Dharma brother, Daniel S., to say some words about the importance of reciting this prayer, these words are the form of my response. Moreover, based on the conditions we find ourselves coping with today and the advice of my own Guru, His Holiness Dungse Shenphen Dawa Rinpoche, I can safely say that the time to focus on such accumulations is squarely upon us. Regardless of if you adapt accumulations of the Seven Line Prayer exclusively or as a portion of your daily practice, or if you recite to benefit yourself, to benefit others or both; and regardless of my words being perfect or imperfect, such efforts will yield fruits beyond any other activity I can imagine.

Although such unfathomable declarations about the benefits of this prayer normally belong to the domain of realized masters, it is the ripening of my Guru’s blessings combined with unbending faith in Guru Rinpoche that allows me or even compels me to dare to make such proclamations. If I have offended any scholars or highly educated intellectual people, I apologize in advance for my child-like presentation of my delusions. Any error within my impure human speech are all my own, whereas any merit that may arise or has arisen from reading this, I dedicate to the transformation of all beings into the complete manifest display of the Guru’s fully ripened Four Kayas of Body, Speech, Mind, Qualities and Spontaneous Miraculous Activities.

This was written by an uneducated child of the Guru parroting the sentiments of those with actual realization. May benefit be realized somewhere and everywhere.
The Mantra Mongoose

Post by The Mantra Mongoose »

I've been putting in my accumulations. Guru Rinpoche led me to my my guru and the dzogchen teachings. i remember crying out to him when i didn't know how to proceed in finding my teacher and in a swift manner he came to my rescue leading me were i needed to be. I will always have a special place i my heart for Guru Rinpoche. This is a wonderful opportunity for people to grow in devotion to him and generate massive amounts of merit and help sentient beings. I hope people don't pass this up even if they only accumulate a few recitations. I have no doubt that the results will be unparalleled. I am thankful for everyone who is putting out the effort to spread this accumulation of the seven line prayer.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

The Mantra Mongoose wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:01 am I've been putting in my accumulations. Guru Rinpoche led me to my my guru and the dzogchen teachings. i remember crying out to him when i didn't know how to proceed in finding my teacher and in a swift manner he came to my rescue leading me were i needed to be. I will always have a special place i my heart for Guru Rinpoche. This is a wonderful opportunity for people to grow in devotion to him and generate massive amounts of merit and help sentient beings. I hope people don't pass this up even if they only accumulate a few recitations. I have no doubt that the results will be unparalleled. I am thankful for everyone who is putting out the effort to spread this accumulation of the seven line prayer.
Wonderful, M.M. :anjali:
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

A recent urgent message from His Eminence Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche, which emphasizes why accumulating the Seven-Line Prayer is so necessary right now:
*Advice and Prophecy from Our Guru and Dharma Protector*

With Bhutan’s recent move to declare the country in lock-down and travel ban, Rinpoche also went into retreat. Despite that, Rinpoche specially set aside time to speak with the two Acharyas of Yeshe Khorlo Taiwan due to his care and concern for the students.

In the midst of the conversation, Rinpoche suddenly remarked, “The pandemic will be followed by a famine”. He also added that there have been many anomalies recently, all of which are unlucky signs. And, “Now, Bhutan also has all kinds of strange phenomena. For example, clouds in the sky are gathering from the North, South, East and West. Clouds of different colours can be seen entangled in the skies, swirling with strong forces of wind, as if fighting. Then, a storm would ensue, which had never happened before.”

So I asked Rinpoche, “It has been said that when a pandemic or famine occurs, it means that the beings in the celestial realm are in battle with the non-celestial forces. Should we then seek advice from the Dharma Protector on the practices we should undertake?”

Rinpoche replied that the Dharma Protector Zimar had manifested and advised, “The students of Rinpoche should undertake more practices of “Prayer to Guru Rinpoche" (Seven Line Prayer) and "Tsog", and to perform more recitations of the "Guru Mantra" (Vajra Guru Mantra) And it was highlighted, “In this world of five turbidities, in addition to taking refuge in the Triple Jewels, Buddhist disciples should also pray to Guru Rinpoche as his blessings are real. The situation now is consistent with Guru Rinpoche’s past prophecies and his aspirations have now matured; thus beings should make sincere aspirations and prayers to the Triple Gems and Guru, and they will be liberated.

_The above is Acharya Sheng Yi’s (Dhonden) immediate transcript and translation (in Chinese), and requested for Rinpoche’s compassionate disclosure to all disciples. It is hoped that all students of Guru Rinpoche and Rinpoche from all over will practise diligently and remember this by heart._
Damienabel108

Post by Damienabel108 »

I am leading nightly 7 line prayer and vajra guru practice from 7-730ish pm PST. All are welcome. No teachi g or sadhana. Just recitation.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCDacEEam-TMXo48dKh3CiYg

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”