Maintain awareness in sleep

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
confusedlayman

Maintain awareness in sleep

Post by confusedlayman »

how to instruction from tibet or mahayana method?

Really needed asap
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Maintain awareness in sleep

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

confusedlayman wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:40 pm how to instruction from tibet or mahayana method?

Really needed asap
Tenzin Wangyal teaches that in order to be aware during sleep you have to be aware during the daytime too. And that is I would say a universal instruction- Unfortunately this is not asap thing. But the good news is it is a matter of training so it is fairly easily achievable for a diligent practitioner.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

I am curious what sort of emergency one would have that can only be solved by a fairly high level practice involving awareness in sleep?
confusedlayman wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:40 pm how to instruction from tibet or mahayana method?

Really needed asap
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Matt J wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:02 pm I am curious what sort of emergency one would have that can only be solved by a fairly high level practice involving awareness in sleep?

Really needed asap
An important sleep appointment.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Matt J wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:02 pm I am curious what sort of emergency one would have that can only be solved by a fairly high level practice involving awareness in sleep?

Really needed asap
Not able to do at will and need it to progress ahead
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

confusedlayman wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 pm Not able to do at will and need it to progress ahead
It's more likely that it's the other way round: you need to progress ahead to be able to do it at will.

:coffee:
Kim
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

confusedlayman wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Really needed asap
Not able to do at will and need it to progress ahead
Dude, chill. Relax and do your best. Also it is best to find a teacher and then you wont be so confused mr Layman.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

Really needed asap
Cat in burning building in dreams. Need to re-enter lucid dream to save cat.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

A Tibetan sleeping box for lack of a better description.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Charlie123 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 am

Really needed asap
Cat in burning building in dreams. Need to re-enter lucid dream to save cat.
very funny but i can you help me seriously? I think human life is too brief ...
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Need more instruction of this.. she tells the truth of what I want
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

If you want to grow corn, you have to till the soil, then plant seeds, then make sure they get enough water/sunshine, eliminate weeds and pests, etc. You're basically asking how to grow corn instantly. You cannot--- it is impossible.
confusedlayman wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:55 pm very funny but i can you help me seriously? I think human life is too brief ...
:jumping:
Charlie123 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 am Cat in burning building in dreams. Need to re-enter lucid dream to save cat.
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

The certainty of death demands urgency of practice; but that does not mean speed. It means steady, consistent, and focused practice. It means relaxing enough to open yourself to realty, not applying effort with gritted teeth.
A martial arts student went to his teacher and said earnestly, “I am devoted to studying your martial system. How long will it take me to master it.”

The teacher’s reply was casual, “Ten years.” Impatiently, the student answered, “But I want to master it faster than that. I will work very hard. I will practice every day, ten or more hours a day if I have to. How long will it take then?”

The teacher thought for a moment, “20 years.”
Where now is my mind engaged? - Shantideva
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Jeff H wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:39 pm The certainty of death demands urgency of practice; but that does not mean speed. It means steady, consistent, and focused practice. It means relaxing enough to open yourself to realty, not applying effort with gritted teeth.
A martial arts student went to his teacher and said earnestly, “I am devoted to studying your martial system. How long will it take me to master it.”

The teacher’s reply was casual, “Ten years.” Impatiently, the student answered, “But I want to master it faster than that. I will work very hard. I will practice every day, ten or more hours a day if I have to. How long will it take then?”

The teacher thought for a moment, “20 years.”
Who said its advance practice? Its basic thing
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

confusedlayman wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 pm Who said its advance practice? Its basic thing
The tone of your posts sound like you are experiencing impatience with the process. I was addressing that.
Where now is my mind engaged? - Shantideva

Return to “Meditation”