Ability to Control the Weather

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
yagmort

Ability to Control the Weather

Post by yagmort »

[Mod note: This quote was taken from this old thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=26392#p404144 ]

Malcolm wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:12 am ...Kunzang Dechen Lingpa had this ability. Ngagpa Rinpoche was able to stop monsoon rains, droughts, and so on.
are these abilities connected to Thröma Nakmo practice, or it's just a coincidence ?
stay open, spread love
jet.urgyen

Re: Ability to Control the Weather

Post by jet.urgyen »

yagmort wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:34 pm [Mod note: This quote was taken from this old thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=26392#p404144 ]

Malcolm wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:12 am ...Kunzang Dechen Lingpa had this ability. Ngagpa Rinpoche was able to stop monsoon rains, droughts, and so on.
are these abilities connected to Thröma Nakmo practice, or it's just a coincidence ?
it's a siddhi (or riddhi?) or a heritage from a siddha.

you can have the attainment, or develop the capacity if you are descendant of a siddha with the siddhi. i heard malcolm saying this last part, in the rigpa rangdrol and rigpa rangshar podcast in wisdom publications.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Good connection w nagas etc
heart

Post by heart »

yagmort wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:34 pm [Mod note: This quote was taken from this old thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=26392#p404144 ]

There is a long interview in a scholastic book (can't remember the name right now) with Khetsun Sangpo Rinpoche who was a weather controller in Tibet. As far as I can remember it involved threatening and controlling various invisible beings. If the weather controller failed the farmers blamed him/her. Khetsun Sangpo Rinpoche said he was glad he didn't have to do it anymore.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Does anybody know of any practices, obviously need to seek transmission for them?
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

AJP wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:31 pm Does anybody know of any practices, obviously need to seek transmission for them?
it is not a transmission, is a capability. you must develop it.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I would say that a huge majority of us here are incapable of controlling our bowel actions, when nature calls, and we want to control the weather?

Now that is deluded.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:35 pm
AJP wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:31 pm Does anybody know of any practices, obviously need to seek transmission for them?
Yeah, but there are practices to develop the capability.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Grigoris wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:36 pm I would say that a huge majority of us here are incapable of controlling our bowel actions, when nature calls, and we want to control the weather?

Now that is deluded.
Is there a Siddhi which allows one to control one's bowels? I never heard of that one.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Interesting thanks
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Grigoris wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:36 pm I would say that a huge majority of us here are incapable of controlling our bowel actions, when nature calls, and we want to control the weather?

Now that is deluded.
You have a great sense of humour!!!
heart

Post by heart »

Now you are just making things up.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

heart wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:29 pm
Now you are just making things up.

/magnus
of course.

jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Arnoud wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:55 pm
well, fierce action requieres fierce yidam. or use of a special method like the vajra armor. the capability is that of giving a command and being obeyed.

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Now that is deluded.
Is there a Siddhi which allows one to control one's bowels? I never heard of that one.
Possibly. But I do know there are practices for transforming one's shit and piss into amrita for the suffering Preta to consume. Given how often we go to toilet, this is probably a much handier and easier to realise practice, than controlling the weather. Given we do not have the siddhi of controlling our bowels, further than tightening our sphincter, maybe it is a more important practice to work on?

I do know of a practice for controlling temperature though, very simple actually, it is called "The Dakini's Warming and Cooling Breath of Pressing the on/off Button on the A/C Control".

There is no Ngondro or ritual reading necessary for this one. :tongue:
Last edited by Grigoris on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

But seriously: The spirits involved in controlling the weather are fickle bastards, to say the least.

You cannot afford any mistakes in the offerings and practices and those mistakes can have serious consequences.

I recommend trying to control your own mind first, as this is a prerequisite to controlling the minds of others.

Konchog Thogme Jampa

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:50 pm

well, fierce action requieres fierce yidam. or use of a special method like the vajra armor. the capability is that of giving a command and being obeyed.
Bodhicitta being most important I reckon
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

AJP wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:32 pm

one cannot perform any karmic action without perfect ethic, perfect boddhicita.

Konchog Thogme Jampa

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:01 pm
AJP wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:32 pm

one cannot perform any karmic action without perfect ethic, perfect boddhicita.
Thank you

:namaste:
Varis

Post by Varis »

Bone lineage.

As an aside, the term "bone lineage" was so weird to me when I first heard of it. Spirit mediumship is something that runs in my family, and in our language we call this and other in-born abilities "dons" or "gifts". Bone lineage is so on the nose.
"I have never encountered a person who committed bad deeds." ― Ven. Jìngkōng

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”