Shitro practice and Five Dhjani Buddhas

Sumeru

Shitro practice and Five Dhjani Buddhas

Post by Sumeru »

Hi,
These days I do a shitro practice every day for my dead relative, and I wonder when I send lights from peaceful deities toward that person, if the five dhjani buddhas with families in the centre of my body are in particular directions?

Vairocana of course would be in the center, then we have Aksobhya in the east, Ratnasambhawa in the south Amitabha in the west and Amoghasiddhi in the north. In that case, facing forward, which one would be in the front?

There is a clear explanation of this when we do Mandarava practice, in Shitro I don’t know. Please help.
jet.urgyen

Re: Shitro practice and Five Dhjani Buddhas

Post by jet.urgyen »

Sumeru wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:34 pm Hi,
These days I do a shitro practice every day for my dead relative, and I wonder when I send lights from peaceful deities toward that person, if the five dhjani buddhas with families in the centre of my body are in particular directions?

Vairocana of course would be in the center, then we have Aksobhya in the east, Ratnasambhawa in the south Amitabha in the west and Amoghasiddhi in the north. In that case, facing forward, which one would be in the front?

There is a clear explanation of this when we do Mandarava practice, in Shitro I don’t know. Please help.
in the middle is samantabhadra and samantabhadri, and in front is vajra family. the rest you can deduce.

keep up that practice, do your best.

i think to post this is of no harm.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Sumeru

Post by Sumeru »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:15 pm in the middle is samantabhadra and samantabhadri, and in front is vajra family. the rest you can deduce.
I've just remembered and checked that in description of the refuge tree, the east branch is also in the front, so it corresponds, thanks. But where would Vairocana be then?
Kris

Post by Kris »

Sumeru wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:07 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:15 pm in the middle is samantabhadra and samantabhadri, and in front is vajra family. the rest you can deduce.
I've just remembered and checked that in description of the refuge tree, the east branch is also in the front, so it corresponds, thanks. But where would Vairocana be then?
In the center.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

if you are applying Mingyur Dorje's shitro according to ChNN's transmission then in clock-wise sense: in front vajra, then buddha, ratna, padma, karma, to find vajra again. if one have capacity and can use colors is good, but name is a minucia.

otherwise i don't know.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Kris

Post by Kris »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:22 pm
if you are applying Mingyur Dorje's shitro according to ChNN's transmission then in clock-wise sense: in front vajra, then buddha, ratna, padma, karma, to find vajra again. if one have capacity and can use colors is good, but name is a minucia.

otherwise i don't know.
Vairocana is in the center of the mandala with Samantabhadra in the center of Vairocana heart.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Sennin wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:02 pm

otherwise i don't know.
Vairocana is in the center of the mandala with Samantabhadra in the center of Vairocana heart.
well i haven't hear it, you hear it from ChNN? maybe someone could check please so this can be corrected?

Kris

Post by Kris »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:00 am

otherwise i don't know.
well i haven't hear it, you hear it from ChNN? maybe someone could check please so this can be corrected?
TEACHINGS ON SHITRO AND YANGTI
I'll pm you. I've probably already said too much.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Sennin wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:41 am

right.

Sumeru

Post by Sumeru »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:17 am

right.
Yep, all in the book. Thank you guys.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Sumeru wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:05 am

right.
i just checked the oral teachings and is as i mentioned. in the shitro explanation video is around min 8:30. Maybe in the book Teachings on Shitro and Yanti also shows the way Sennin says, we should check that too.

Kris

Post by Kris »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:19 pm

right.
i just checked the oral teachings and is as i mentioned. in the shitro explanation video is around min 8:30. Maybe in the book Teachings on Shitro and Yanti also shows the way Sennin says, we should check that too.
Maybe you misunderstood, in the mandala there is the center and the four directions. See page. 80 of the text.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Kris

Post by Kris »

otherwise i don't know.
If vajra is east, ratna-south, padma-west, karma-north.
Then naturally buddha is in the center.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Sennin wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:01 pm
Maybe you misunderstood, in the mandala there is the center and the four directions. See page. 80 of the text.
well, tell me the page so i can read. i just told where to find what i'm saying, literally Rinpoche saying it. i mean, maybe there are two ways, i'm not trying to discredit :P

jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:05 pm
Sennin wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:01 pm

well, tell me the page so i can read. i just told where to find what i'm saying, literally Rinpoche saying it. i mean, maybe there are two ways, i'm not trying to discredit :P
you are right, p. 80

Kris

Post by Kris »

:cheers:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “Dzogchen”