Rinzai Zen Instructional/Dharma Talk Videos

Meido

Rinzai Zen Instructional/Dharma Talk Videos

Post by Meido »

Korinji TV, the collection of online instructional and dharma talk videos produced by Korinji monastery (Wisconsin USA), is offering vids open to viewing by all, i.e. not behind a donation paywall, right now.

The emphasis is on home practice. We obviously hope that folks sequestered at home will find something useful. A new video is being posted every 2-3 days.

Take a look here if you like (scroll down to "recent posts" to find ): www.patreon.com/korinji
boda

Re: Rinzai Zen Instructional/Dharma Talk Videos

Post by boda »

The first few are open to viewing by all, and the one with a picture of you giving some poor guy a karate chop. I hope you're not that hard on all of your students. :lol:
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Good luck mate!

Great to see more avenues for those interested in Rinzai!

The intro vid, for those link-averse :P:

][
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

Meido wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 am Korinji TV, the collection of online instructional and dharma talk videos produced by Korinji monastery (Wisconsin USA), is offering vids open to viewing by all, i.e. not behind a donation paywall, right now.

The emphasis is on home practice. We obviously hope that folks sequestered at home will find something useful. A new video is being posted every 2-3 days.

Take a look here if you like (scroll down to "recent posts" to find ): www.patreon.com/korinji
:namaste:
Meido

Post by Meido »

Today I posted a 30-minute video walking tour of Korinji, our monastery. Those of you who are sequestered inside, welcome to join me (virtually at least) for a little while in the Wisconsin woods.
reiun

Post by reiun »

Hello again, Meido Roshi. This is my first post on this forum. Thank you for the reference to Korinji TV. Completed the Do-in Ho 2 video, and was able to perform all exercises (71 yo). Grounded, knees bent, is a good reminder for me throughout. Also, the profile views enhanced the instruction. Using the accompanying .pdf, I will continue until all are memorized, then go on to the next. I thank you again: surely this will be a great health benefit, and no doubt will pair helpfully with subsequent zazen.
Meido

Post by Meido »

Glad to hear it, Spike. And welcome to DW.
reiun

Post by reiun »

Is there a reference to the meaning of Do-in Ho on Korinji TV? (Or maybe I missed it in the video I viewed.) Google translate replies with "soil" "inn" and "protection", respectively, for these terms.
Meido

Post by Meido »

spike wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:09 pm Is there a reference to the meaning of Do-in Ho on Korinji TV? (Or maybe I missed it in the video I viewed.)
Don't recall if I mention the meaning in one of the videos, or in the notes on the Patreon page. But:

Do-in, 導引, "to guide and pull."
Ho, 法, "method."

Return to “Rinzai”