Coronavirus outbreak in China

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
FromTheEarth

Re: Coronavirus outbreak in China

Post by FromTheEarth »

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.
Anyways, speaking to some of my family members about it, there appears to be an obvious pattern of many diseases being possibly directly triggered from the massive slaughters of animals for meat consumption. Recent examples include: mad cow disease, SARS outbreak, swine flu, chicken avian flu... etc. Maybe that is a big hint / Karma forces at play here?
I just watched netflix documentary s02e04 The Next Pandemic, and would personally recommend it.
Regarding the coronavirus outbreak this time, it probably started with people consuming the so-called "bush-meat," e.g., bats, snakes. However, the main cause was that the municipal and provincial governments intentionally withheld information from the public and the central authorities to the extent that once the outsiders discovered the truth, it has already been too late to contain the spread of the disease.
Quarantining a city of 11 million people is unprecedented. But at this moment, this measure will not be enough. The peak of outbreaks is expected to be late Feb to early Mar.
rory

Post by rory »

From the Earth: I will burn incense and pray to Yakushi Nyorai,Medicine Buddha, at my altar for the people of Wuhan.
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
mairuwen

Post by mairuwen »

Offering prayers for China, for people around the world affected by the virus and especially for the inhabitants of Wuhan. Some of the stories of desperation and even suicide coming out of there are really pretty awful.

Praying for the medical staff in Wuhan who doing such self-sacrificing work to care for people and save lives. Praying for Dr Li Wenliang and that his example of courage and heroism can be a positive influence on China's future.

At the moment, sort of looking for signs of hope and goodness- which really do exist- but at the same time worrying that even after the virus subsides, there will be a lingering sense of fear, more resentment and suspicion between China and other countries and so on.

It's a very small personal thing- but quarantine is a chance to focus more on meditation.
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

This picture by Saky Trizin has been shared on Instagram
for protection against Corona Virus
insta: #sakyatrizin
insta: #sakyatrizin
88181621_137393207578680_477493436287480388_n[1].jpg (195.39 KiB) Viewed 4380 times
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho »

I pray that, in the future, the Chinese government will be more transparent in dealing with outbreaks of disease, and will not punish or suppress medical professionals who attempt to alert the public. I also pray that, in Western countries, people of Asian descent will not be targeted for hate crimes.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Conspiracy Theory Posts Removed. If you want to discuss conspiracy theories, you have a vast internet. We will not tolerate it here. Topic Locked.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”