Nupchen Sangye Yeshe

Dorje Shedrub

Nupchen Sangye Yeshe

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Was Padma Dagnag Lingpa an incarnation of Nupchen Sangye Yeshe, one of the five closest disciples of Padmasambhava? I can only find info on this on one website. Does anybody else have informationa or sources?
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Sonam Wangchug

Re: Nupchen Sangye Yeshe

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:08 am Was Padma Dagnag Lingpa an incarnation of Nupchen Sangye Yeshe, one of the five closest disciples of Padmasambhava? I can only find info on this on one website. Does anybody else have informationa or sources?
Have never seen that stated, nor do I recall reading it in his collection of previous lives.

He is predominately considered to be a combined emanation of King Trison deutsen and Vimalamitra.

He also has said of himself Via Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche

"Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo himself stated that he was the body incarnation of Trisong Detsen, the speech incarnation of Guru Rinpoche, the mind incarnation of Namkhai Nyingpo, the quality incarnation of Gyalse Lharje, and the activity incarnation of Langdro Lotsāwa"
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
yeshegyaltsen

Post by yeshegyaltsen »

Khyentse Wangpo's terton name was Padma Osel Dongak Lingpa, not Dagnang Lingpa, so you're conflating two different people here
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

yeshegyaltsen wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:21 pm Khyentse Wangpo's terton name was Padma Osel Dongak Lingpa, not Dagnang Lingpa, so you're conflating two different people here
Your right, replied in a hurry. :thumbsup:
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:08 am Was Padma Dagnag Lingpa an incarnation of Nupchen Sangye Yeshe, one of the five closest disciples of Padmasambhava? I can only find info on this on one website. Does anybody else have informationa or sources?
The terton being referred to is Padma Drag sngags gling pa, a mid-twentieth century terton, who passed on in the 1950's.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:25 pm
The terton being referred to is Padma Drag sngags gling pa, a mid-twentieth century terton, who passed on in the 1950's.
Was he an incarnation of one of Padmasambava's main disciples? Not the same as Pema Lingpa, right?
🙏🌺🙏
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

The only info I can find is all from the same source but on different pages. Here is the info from Khenchen Lama's site. I'm just trying to confirm this information if anybody else has references or knowledge.

https://khenchenlama.com/padmadragngaglingpa/
🙏🌺🙏
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:32 pm
Was he an incarnation of one of Padmasambava's main disciples? Not the same as Pema Lingpa, right?
All tertons are emanations of one of the 25 disciples.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:45 pm The only info I can find is all from the same source but on different pages. Here is the info from Khenchen Lama's site. I'm just trying to confirm this information if anybody else has references or knowledge.

https://khenchenlama.com/padmadragngaglingpa/
This terton's termas are not found in TBRC, and do not seem to have been included in the 300+ volume collection of new termas which one can find there (I could have missed them, the catalogue is long). But that does not mean this terton is not legit. There are many tertons who were not included in this collection.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

There are cases of several tertons who saw themselves as incarnations of one of the 25, whose claims would seem to conflict with others', if viewed narrow-mindedly. Some have (as I recall) seen themselves as incarnations of one more than one. Best to view this in terms of which of the 25 the terton felt connected to the most. A bookkeeping approach is generally unproductive.
pema tsultrim

Post by pema tsultrim »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:29 pm
Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:32 pm

All tertons are emanations of one of the 25 disciples.
I recall someone on this site saying that some tertons are not emanations of one of the 25, but rather are emanations of Guru Rinpoche himself. Am I mistaken in thinking I read this, and if I'm not mistaken, is it accurate to say that?
hornet

Post by hornet »

The biography of Nubchen Sangye Yeshe

Return to “Nyingma”