May the Buddhas Dwell

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
cjdevries

May the Buddhas Dwell

Post by cjdevries »

May the Buddhas dwell in the world forever, to turn the wheel of dharma.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
well wisher

Re: May the Buddhas Dwell

Post by well wisher »

cjdevries wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:01 am May the Buddhas dwell in the world forever, to turn the wheel of dharma.
:twothumbsup:

As long as sentient beings exists, so too will the Buddhas by necessity: mighty noble liberators to save sentient beings away from sufferings and Samsara. :namaste:
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

:anjali:
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

well wisher wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:32 am
cjdevries wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:01 am May the Buddhas dwell in the world forever, to turn the wheel of dharma.
:twothumbsup:

As long as sentient beings exists, so too will the Buddhas by necessity: mighty noble liberators to save sentient beings away from sufferings and Samsara. :namaste:
The traditional view is that Buddhas will pass into final nirvana, if no one is interested in following their teaching. Also, beings will grow arrogant if the Buddhas always stay in the world, as the parable of the wise physician in the Lotus Sutra chapter 16, explains:

"As I now proclaim that I am about to enter quiescence, I am not really passing into quiescence. The Thus Come One uses this passing only as an expedient to teach and transform living beings.
For what reason? If the Buddha were to stay in the world a long time, those of scanty virtue who do not plant good roots, who are poor and lowly, who covet the objects of the five desires, and who are caught in the net of schemes and false views, seeing the Thus Come One constantly present and not entering stillness, would become arrogant, lax, and indifferent. They would not consider how difficult it is to encounter him, nor would their hearts be reverent. "
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”