Joint long life prayer for Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche’s reincarnation by Ogyen Trinley Dorje and Trinley Thaye Dorje

Kelwin

Joint long life prayer for Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche’s reincarnation by Ogyen Trinley Dorje and Trinley Thaye Dorje

Post by Kelwin »

ཀུན་གཟིགས་ཞྭ་དམར་རིན་པོ་ཆེའི་ཡང་སྲིད་ཀྱི་ཞབས་བརྟན།

ཆོས་དབྱིངས་མི་འགྱུར་བདེ་སྟོང་ཡངས་པའི་མཁར། །
འགག་མེད་སྒྱུ་འཕྲུལ་དྲྭ་བའི་རོལ་གར་གྱིས། །
སྲིད་ཞིའི་དྭངས་བཅུད་ཚེ་ཡི་དཔལ་སྩོལ་བ། །
བཅོམ་ལྡན་ཡིད་བཞིན་འཁོར་ལོས་དགེ་ལེགས་སྩོལ། །

རྒྱལ་ཀུན་ཕྲིན་ལས་གཅིག་བསྡུས་ཀརྨ་པའི། །
སྐུ་གསུང་ཐུགས་ཀྱི་གསང་བའི་མཛོད་འཛིན་པ། །
མི་ཕམ་གར་གྱི་དབང་ཕྱུག་སྤྲུལ་པའི་སྐུ། །
སྟོན་འཁོར་ཐ་མི་དད་པའི་ཞབས་བརྟན་གསོལ། །

རྟོགས་པ་དོན་བརྒྱུད་མན་ངག་ཐུགས་སུ་བྱོན། །
མཁས་དང་གྲུབ་པའི་ཡོན་ཏན་རྒྱ་མཚོས་ཕྱུག །
མཐོང་ཐོས་དྲན་པས་འགྲོ་རྣམས་སྨིན་གྲོལ་མཛད། །
འབྲེལ་ཚད་དོན་ལྡན་བླ་མར་ཞབས་བརྟན་གསོལ། །

སྐྱེ་བ་འདི་དང་ཚེ་རབས་ཐམས་ཅད་དུ། །
རྒྱལ་བ་ཡབ་སྲས་འབྲལ་མེད་བསྟེན་པ་དང་། །
བསམ་པའི་དོན་ཀུན་ཆོས་བཞིན་འགྲུབ་གྱུར་ནས། །
མཐར་ཐུག་ཐུགས་ཡིད་གཅིག་ཏུ་འདྲེས་པར་ཤོག ། །

ཅེས་པ་འདི་ནི་ཐམས་ཅད་མཁྱེན་པ་ཞྭ་དམར་ཅོད་པན་འཛིན་པ་མི་ཕམ་ཆོས་ཀྱི་བློ་གྲོས་ཀྱི་ཡང་སྲིད་སྤྲུལ་པའི་ཉི་གཞོན་མྱུར་དུ་འཆར་བར་འགྱུར་བ་གང་གི་ཞབས་པད་བརྟན་ཅིང་མཛད་ཕྲིན་རྒྱས་པ་དང་། དེའི་མཐུ་ལ་བརྟེན་ནས་སྒྲུབ་བརྒྱུད་ཀརྨ་ཀཾ་ཚང་གི་བསྟན་པ་གཅིག་གྱུར་ཡོང་བའི་སྨོན་འདུན་ཤུགས་དྲག་བཅས། ཨོ་རྒྱན་ཕྲིན་ལས་དང་། མཐའ་ཡས་རྡོ་རྗེར་གྲགས་པ་ངེད་གཉིས་ཐུན་མོང་ནས་བྲིས་ཏེ་ཤོ་ལོ་ཀ་མཐའ་མར་རྒྱལ་དབང་མི་བསྐྱོད་རྡོ་རྗེའི་བདེན་ཚིག་གིས་མཐའ་བརྒྱན་པར་བྱས་པ་འདིས་ཀྱང་། བསྟན་པ་རྒྱས་པ་དང་འགྲོ་བ་བདེ་བའི་དོན་དུ་འགྱུར་བར་རྒྱལ་བ་སྲས་དང་བཅས་པས་མཐུན་འགྱུར་མཛད་པར་གྱུར་ཅིག་ཅེས། ས་མོ་ཕག་ཧོར་ཟླ་བརྒྱད་པའི་ཚེས་ ༢༢ སྤྱི་ལོ་ ༢༠༡༩ ཟླ་ ༡༠ ཚེས་ ༢༠ ལ་ནུབ་ཕྱོགས་ཡོ་རོབ་ཀྱི་གླིང་ཆེན་དུ་སྦྱར་བ་དགེའོ། །

A Long Life Prayer for Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche’s reincarnation.

In the dharma expanse, the broad sky
of unchanging bliss and emptiness,
She grants the glory of life,
the pure essence of peace and existence,
Through the display of the unceasing
magical net.
May the Bhagavati Tara Wish-Fulfilling Wheel
grant auspiciousness!

You possess the trove of secrets
of body, speech, and mind
Of the Karmapa, who embodies
the activity of all victors.
You are the nirmanakaya
Mipham Gargyi Wangchuk,
The teacher and student inseparable –
may you live long!

May the pith instructions of the true lineage
of realization flow into your mind.
May you be rich in the ocean of qualities
of both study and practice.
May you ripen and liberate beings
who see, hear, or remember you.
May you live long as the guru,
meaningful to all who make a connection.

May I, in this birth and in all my lives,
Follow the Karmapa and his heart sons inseparably,
Accomplish all my intentions according to the dharma,
And ultimately merge my mind with theirs as one.

Like a swiftly approaching sunrise, the reincarnation of the all-knowing holder of the Red Crown, Mipham Chökyi Lodrö, is soon to appear. With the fervent aspiration that he may live long, that his activity may flourish, and that by the power of this, the teachings of the Practice Lineage of the Karma Kamtsang may be united, the two of us, known as Ogyen Trinley and Thaye Dorje, have written this prayer together. We have concluded it with the true words of Gyalwang Mikyö Dorje adorning it as the final stanza. May this work aid in spreading the teachings and bringing happiness to beings, and may the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas make it so.

Written in Europe on the twenty-second day of the eighth Tibetan month of the female Year of the Pig, 20 October 2019.

https://kagyuoffice.org/joint-long-life ... carnation/
'I will not take your feelings seriously, and neither will you' -Lama Lena
Vasana

Re: Joint long life prayer for Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche’s reincarnation by Ogyen Trinley Dorje and Trinley Thaye Dorje

Post by Vasana »

Great to see this happen. Both know the contunity of lineage is more important than temporary circumstance.

May it be auspicious!
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Knotty Veneer

Re: Joint long life prayer for Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche’s reincarnation by Ogyen Trinley Dorje and Trinley Thaye Dorje

Post by Knotty Veneer »

I assume we can expect to hear an announcement in the coming of Thaye Dorje's son as the new Shamar yangsi then.
This is not the wrong life.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hah! I was just going to post it! :tongue:

Anyway, I feel so glad that the Karmapas are working together! Truly amazing and perfect. What more can one wish for. :twothumbsup:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Knotty Veneer wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:33 am I assume we can expect to hear an announcement in the coming of Thaye Dorje's son as the new Shamar yangsi then.
:tongue:
Kelwin

Post by Kelwin »

Miroku wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:22 pmI feel so glad that the Karmapas are working together! Truly amazing and perfect. What more can one wish for. :twothumbsup:
My thoughts exactly! Very happy about this.
'I will not take your feelings seriously, and neither will you' -Lama Lena
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Knotty Veneer wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:33 am I assume we can expect to hear an announcement in the coming of Thaye Dorje's son as the new Shamar yangsi then.
And.....?
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Empty Cloud

Post by Empty Cloud »

I don't want to post a separate topic but would it cause any problems if I take the position that both Karmapas are fine and take teachings from both sides?
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Empty Cloud wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:59 pm I don't want to post a separate topic but would it cause any problems if I take the position that both Karmapas are fine and take teachings from both sides?
Not at all. Depends entirely on you.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Miroku wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:06 pm
Empty Cloud wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:59 pm I don't want to post a separate topic but would it cause any problems if I take the position that both Karmapas are fine and take teachings from both sides?
Not at all. Depends entirely on you.
Absolutely. And it’s very encouraging that they are having joint initiatives.

greenvajrapani27

Post by greenvajrapani27 »

It is truly wonderful to see both Karmapa's celebrating the return of the Sharmapa Rinpoche.

No politics and no drama.

:twothumbsup:
TrimePema

Post by TrimePema »

Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche said that both are the Karmapa.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

TrimePema wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:19 pm
Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche said that both are the Karmapa.
:heart:

etinin

Post by etinin »

Glad they have been talking. I find it hard the wounds could be completely healed in the short term future, but reuniting the lineage by recognizing the same Sharmapa would be a sane step. Maybe if he takes teachings and is recognized by both Karmapas, or gets tutored and empowered from a neutral teacher, he could provide a point of reunion, and a single Karmapa can be recognized after the parinirvana of the actual ones. This would minimally reunite the Karma Kagyu lineage in the future. Recognizing both Karmapas would be against the commonly held doctrine that there can only be a single Karmapa. But, as Dzongsar said, this tulku system could yet ruin Vajrayana Buddhism. So, they could, with much resistance from their followers, just recognize each other, and as supreme heads of their lineage, they would effectively end the schism. In the end, both lineages have received the same empowerments tracing back in an uninterrupted line to the fathers of the lineage and it doesn't matter that much who is the actual Karmapa, since this controversy is greatly harming the lineage and the teachings. I'm still bound by samaya and won't take empowerments or teachings from Trinley Thaye Dorje's centers, though you could technically take teachings which don't involve a wang from either side without being bound by samaya.

I would be really happy if a solution can be found. The new Sharmapa could represent the reunion of both lineages and be a turning point, considering the last Sharmapa refusal to meet with OTD.

Nowadays, though I've been increasingly drawn into Nyingma teachings, all of my lineages recognize OTD as the sole Karmapa. The only solution would be a mutual agreement, since they are the Supreme masters of the Kagyupas, and the ones with the power to reinterpret all the Kangyur as they wish. Maybe they could turn out to be tertöns and find a mind treasure justifying and resolving all of this. Many predictions have been made in the past about lineages being tainted and then being purified in these degenerate times.

That said, you shouldn't take teachings of a lineage which contradicts your own one. Both sides have strongly opposed each other in the past. Though they are working on how to ensure the future of Karma Kagyu's traditions, when you take an empowerment from a teacher, you can't hold bad views about that person. It is very serious stuff, so if your practice comes from a lineage of Situpa you probably wouldn't want to take teachings coming from a lineage of the Shamarpa, or mix the lineages of both Karmapas, since it would be contradictory.
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni

Return to “Kagyu”