Sogyal Rinpoche Passes

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
Lukeinaz

Sogyal Rinpoche Passes

Post by Lukeinaz »

6331a2eefd8a94c7846a4f50fb27f737_715__2.jpeg
6331a2eefd8a94c7846a4f50fb27f737_715__2.jpeg (21.73 KiB) Viewed 4602 times
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Sogyal Rinpoche Passes

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=41713

Hm, sad news. May he goes straight to the Dewachen and benefits beings from there.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

FB_IMG_1567000650290.jpg
FB_IMG_1567000650290.jpg (34.85 KiB) Viewed 4591 times
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

May he find Great Peace.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hey guys, lets keep it civil here. This thread is just about paying our respects if anybody has different takes on this situation feel free to start a new thread.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Miroku wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:16 pm Hey guys, lets keep it civil here. This thread is just about paying our respects if anybody has different takes on this situation feel free to start a new thread.
Yes, there are other threads to discuss his karma and vipaka - now it is appropriate to exercise compassion for those with samaya and perhaps to consider which prayers would be most appropriate.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Mantrik wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:24 pm
Miroku wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:16 pm Hey guys, lets keep it civil here. This thread is just about paying our respects if anybody has different takes on this situation feel free to start a new thread.
Yes, there are other threads to discuss his karma and vipaka - now it is appropriate to exercise compassion for those with samaya and perhaps to consider which prayers would be most appropriate.
Hear hear.

Punya

Post by Punya »

To the disciples of Ven. Sogyal Rinpoche

Dear Friends,
I have just received the sad news that, after a long battle with illness, Sogyal Rinpoche has passed away.
In general, it is always sad to hear of the passing of great masters, and this is especially true when you are close to the master who has passed away. It is, nevertheless, simply the way of things.

I feel that when a master is alive, it is essential disciples receive their instructions and teachings with faith and devotion. And, when they pass on, to honour their memory through devotion – our practice and conduct.
I’d like to take the opportunity to remind you of something you will have heard many times before: genuine disciples should be harmonious, have pure, unblemished samaya, and unwavering devotion. This is especially important now - the time of Rinpoche's passing.

Sogyal Rinpoche was very close to my predecessor, Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche; from whom he received numerous empowerments, instructions, and transmissions. Personally, I believe that if a connection between master and disciple is strong, it will remain, unwavering.

My connection to Sogyal Rinpoche is very strong. Rinpoche was always very kind and caring toward me, a feeling that is reciprocated. I have always felt very close to and protective of Sogyal Rinpoche, especially so in the recent times of his illness.

Rinpoche requested me to visit him and the centres of his activity – the Rigpa Centres around the world (especially Lerab Ling) – many times. However, due to family commitments – attending and serving my father, Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche – I wasn't able to fulfil Rinpoche’s wishes and for that I apologise.
I want to request you, the disciples of Sogyal Rinpoche, to be harmonious; to practice the teachings, you have received properly and without hypocrisy; to be unwavering in your devotion. To supplicate Rinpoche and work to fulfil and sustain all of his activities and wishes. May they all be free of obscuration and obstacle.

I will also make prayers and dedicate in the same way.
May the blessings of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas; of Guru Rinpoche, and all the great masters be with us all.

Yours truly,
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche, Ugyen Tenzin Jigme Lhundrup.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

When Sogyal R was very young I went to teachings hosted by his followers given by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. At one point during the weekend we had a sitting session. I had been sitting regularly for some time at that juncture, but had clearly developed bad habits. Sogyal R noticed this and quietly adjusted my position on the cushion. It made a big difference.

He was not my teacher, but I retain a good deal of gratitude to him. May he know freedom from suffering. May he know great peace and the causes of peace.

Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Sogyal Rinpoche: As I Remember

I was deeply saddened to hear the news of passing away of Sogyal Rinpoche this afternoon, 28th August 2019. I knew him from childhood and he remained a friend to me all his life. I first met him when he was studying in Dr. Graham’s Home School in Kalimpong. Every weekends and vacations he went to see his Masters and Khenpo’s to study Dharma. He was sent for western education as he later graduated from prestigious St. Stephan’s College, Delhi, but the deep impact left by Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro in his childhood never dwindled. His confidence in Dharma and his devotion to his Gurus took him to devote all his life to Dharma. He was teaching Dharma to his fellow students in school as well as in University and continued even when the King of Sikkim sent him to Cambridge University for further studies in UK.
His greatest delight was to share what he learnt from his masters that helped him so much. He succeeded to bring the essence of Dharma to the modern world in an unparalleled way. His book, Tibetan Book of Living and Dying touched millions of people all over the world. I have met people in every nook and corner of the world who told me that his teachings have transformed their lives. He worked tirelessly with his students and he often boasted about how devoted and hard working his students were. He established the Rigpa organisation and succeeded to bring to the West some of the greatest masters of the time.
I have never heard him speak badly about anybody in my life. Even when some of his trusted students attacked him with most serious accusations he did not say one bad word against them. He quietly resigned and left. His only wish was that Rigpa would continue to serve the purpose that he established it for and bring genuine Dharma to the people of this world. He repeatedly asked me to come and teach in its centres and support it to grow. I am sure he asked this to many Lamas and Masters. He soon took ill and passed away. I have lost a true friend who I will never cease to miss.

Ringu Tulku
28/8/2019
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa

Return to “Shrine Room”