Locational Energy

Forum for discussion of East Asian Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
winterkeep

Locational Energy

Post by winterkeep »

Hi.

I have an interesting story around locational energy. This is energy that I believe can be located at different places provided that location has been adjusted, deliberately or not, by spiritual practice.

Not long ago I went on a trip to Japan and had a few spare hours in Fukuoka, so I decided to checkout Tochoji temple. In case you dont know there is a large wooden Buddha statue located there and you can actually walk under it through a tunnel.

At around the 1/2 way point in the tunnel I sensed a significantly powerful energy which manifested in my right lung and then moved centrally towards the heart - very difficult to describe in words. I sensed pure power and it stayed with me towards the end where the tunnel went pitch black. After groping in the dark I suddenly found myself back in the light (this is how the tunnel is built - so this part wasnt spiritual, but physical). However combined with the powerful sensation I had within me and going from dark to light I suddenly had a thought that said "to see and know the light, you must overcome fear of darkness".

The power/sensation stayed with me for many hours after. I often wonder if other people had similar experiences in spiritual places? I've been inside many Churches and Temples, but never experienced anything like this, before or since.

Regards!
Sādhaka

Re: Locational Energy

Post by Sādhaka »

There are Power-places all over; whether you believe that this place is a egg-shaped ‘dome-covered’ flat-disc or a convex-sphere floating through ‘infinite outer space’.

You may be delusional, or may have ‘tapped into’ one of these Power-places. Since your post seems intelligent & sincere, I’m opting for the latter.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Or I should say as the latter alternative regarding my first above paragraph, an pear-shaped oblate-spheroid :rolling:
winterkeep

Post by winterkeep »

Where do you get this shape information from?

While I often see colors around people, I have never witnessed any shape I could identify like you have.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Sorry I should have clarified; when I said “this place”, I wasn’t referring to the shape of the place you visited. I was referring to the shape of the Earth. Some believe that the Earth is flat and has Power Places all over similar to Chakras; and some believe that the Earth is spherical (or an pear-shaped oblate-spheroid) and has Power Places/Chakras. Therefore Power Places, either way.

Although I think that there can also be Power Places that aren’t ‘Chakras’ per-sé, but are places that were made Sacred by the activities of a great Master having taken place there.
Sentient Light

Post by Sentient Light »

You may be interested in the study of feng shui, probably better known in English as "geomancy", which is a magical practice of reading and manipulating the energy path ways of the environment.
:buddha1: Nam mô A di đà Phật :buddha1:
:bow: Nam mô Quan Thế Âm Bồ tát :bow:
:bow: Nam mô Đại Thế Chi Bồ Tát :bow:

:buddha1: Nam mô Bổn sư Thích ca mâu ni Phật :buddha1:
:bow: Nam mô Di lặc Bồ tát :bow:
:bow: Nam mô Địa tạng vương Bồ tát :bow:
winterkeep

Post by winterkeep »

You might be right there.

I once did one of those 10 day SN Goenka meditation courses, and at the end I got the job to clean up the meditation hall. Obviously it was extremely peaceful. But what was strange was that somehow crawling insects had gotten in, and from all directions were headed for the center of the room. Very strange. Probably extreme meditation creates a power zone.
Taikor.Taikun

Post by Taikor.Taikun »

Ancient Hindu temples r usually built w certain arrangement, measurement n shapes in order. Once consecrated, the energy remain ther for like eternity even w the temples degenerated or removed, the energy is ther. Hence the temples r for people to just sit ther n imbibe the energy not praying.

Places of worship is also a place wher many people of the same mind n emotions come together. Positive energy is larger in these places n u can usually feel it when u’re in a strong energy field. Reciting certain mantra brings Yang energy. Positive thinking also create positive energy aura n field. Good magnetic field emanating each person gets larger; something like the constructive interference. When a person w bad magnetic field come, his negative energy will b cancelled out by the larger positive energy field. In fact, his/her energy will become i tune like the rest n leaving home w positive energy

Return to “East Asian Buddhism”