Remedy Gyalpo

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
haha

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by haha »

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
If you have had some connection with these people you should do the practice of Guru Dragphur. By doing the practice of Guru Dragphur, you won’t receive the negative influence of the Gyalpo. But those who have already had a relationship with them should stop this relationship and should do the practice of Guru Dragphur otherwise they will find themselves with many problems later on. Or if somebody feels that these problems are already there come to me and I give you a kind of protection for not receiving these negativities.

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu
Transcription: Antje d’Almeida
This might be helpful.
You can check out full article in https://info-buddhism.com/.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

There are so many methods, even sutra methods, that the main difficulty is probably to choose which one one prefers :D

https://fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/advice/ Some methods, some of which do not require empowerments etc., are available here under 'protection from harm'.
Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

Aryjna wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:05 pm There are so many methods, even sutra methods, that the main difficulty is probably to choose which one one prefers :D

https://fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/advice/ Some methods, some of which do not require empowerments etc., are available here under 'protection from harm'.
Dukkar! :heart: :thanks:
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
rai

Post by rai »

Knotty Veneer wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:10 pm Still think you may be attributing more significance than is necessary to a dream.

Follow the advice in your message footer. It's all fine, let it be.

You run the risk of disturbing your peace of mind by indulging this belief. I do not think the other advice here is helpful even if the motivation of those posting it is genuine.
:good:
rai

Post by rai »

Grigoris wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:47 pm
Nyedrag Yeshe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
Depends on your capacity and the strength of the spirit.

Best bet is to appease via offerings. If you try to forcefully overcome the gyalpo and do not have the power to pull it off, you will only piss it off and make things worse.
i used to believe anything Tibetans says when i was younger and wanted to be a wizard but now it makes me laugh a little. buddhism is about critical thinking etc, why do we just accept strangest things without sufficient evidence?

i read in some biography recently that some great masters used to believe that taking a photo will steal your lha, damage wangtang lungta etc but now they did get over it, how do we know 90 % percent of that shamanistic stuff isn't like that? i mean there is nothing bad with it, it's part of their culture but why we just so easily buying it?
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

rai,

Are you absolutely sure that taking photos is not harmful to the individual photographed on some level? Just because most Lamas now don't believe that doesn't mean it can't be true. (I'm not saying it is true, but I'm questioning your logic.) This is the Kali Yuga and even Lamas are more and more degenerate. We all are! Maybe one of the mechamisms for this degeneration is everyone taking pictures all the time. Looks pretty degenerate to me. :shrug:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Mantrik wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 pm Dodgy Shag-done spirit
Going to borrow that term in the future, if you don't mind, it deserves to be used more widely.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

pemachophel wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:55 pm rai,

Are you absolutely sure that taking photos is not harmful to the individual photographed on some level? Just because most Lamas now don't believe that doesn't mean it can't be true. (I'm not saying it is true, but I'm questioning your logic.) This is the Kali Yuga and even Lamas are more and more degenerate. We all are! Maybe one of the mechamisms for this degeneration is everyone taking pictures all the time. Looks pretty degenerate to me. :shrug:
Back in the day, folks were getting shaktipat-ed by seeing certain pictures, even posters on telephone poles.
Those with the right kind of siddhis can use pictures for nefarious reasons.
Harimoo

Post by Harimoo »

pemachophel wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:55 pm rai,

If some "healers" can use photos to heal, "harmers" could use photos to harm.
rai

Post by rai »

Lhasa wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 pm
Back in the day, folks were getting shaktipat-ed by seeing certain pictures, even posters on telephone poles.
Harimoo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 pm

how come it is so easy for you guys to believe in those things? am i too old or my brain is missing something?
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

rai wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:07 pm
Lhasa wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 pm
Harimoo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 pm

how come it is so easy for you guys to believe in those things? am i too old or my brain is missing something?
I personally experienced them.
rai

Post by rai »

i know one lady who was outcasted by the community for cursing the cows to not give milk. we used to throw stones at her when i was a child.

but the cows really would not give milk.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

rai wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm i know one lady who was outcasted by the community for cursing the cows to not give milk. we used to throw stones at her when i was a child.

but the cows really would not give milk.
my whole family knows a man who seems capable of bi-locating, levitate, curse, and stuff. They consider him a warlock.

Strange things happens all the time, if we give the time to see them.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek NY,

If one is doing the Menla Puja and is really devoted to the Medicine Buddha by:

- repeating the Sutra
- Writing it
- Copying the Sutra
- Spreading the Sutra
- Praising the Sangye Menla

Then

wherever this Sutra circulates or wherever there are sentient beings who hold fast to the name of the Medicine Buddha and respectfully make offerings to him, whether in villages, towns, kingdoms or in the wilderness, we the 12 Generals, will all protect them.

We will release them from all suffering and calamities and see to it that all their wishes are fulfilled.

These 12 Yaksha Generals with their Army are powerful enough to defeat the Gyalpo. :anjali:
The best meditation is no meditation
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

if you know your own mind, know how emotions and toughts arises in it you can easily recognise subtle influance of any harmful spirit. but what can they do? do you have anything to loose?
kalden yungdrung

Karinos wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:38 am if you know your own mind, know how emotions and toughts arises in it you can easily recognise subtle influance of any harmful spirit. but what can they do? do you have anything to loose?
Tashi delek K,

Harmful spirits , yes what can they cause to sentient beings like humans.

Humans possess also a La or soul, which can feel happiness. Also mental health as physical health is for humans very important.
Well the Gyalpo / evil spirit robs it from humans, then humans become little by little unhappy and in a very emancipated stadium they can be very ill and death can follow these illnesses fast, if there is no remedy caused.

That is what we have to loose due to the negative force of energy caused by the evil doer.

Therefore protection against these evil unseen forces , is a wide spread custom in all the Spiritual Tibetan Traditions.

Look also here:
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=27107
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

I was writing it from ultimate point of view :anjali:
kalden yungdrung

Karinos wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:22 pm I was writing it from ultimate point of view :anjali:
In the ultimate Truth we are Buddha already
In the relative Truth we are humans with problems

The most of us live in the relative view with the problems of the disturbing spirits ( who are also Buddha in the ultimate truth).

The most get via the sequential Path, the ultimate Fruit.

Very good to catch the Spirits and "convert" them to Dharmapalas, only Great Masters can do that job.
The rest of us take refuge in entities like the Medicine Buddhas, Dharmapalas etc.
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

yes, we may fight half of our lives with enties and demons, beg protectors for protection, read sutras, mantras and dharanis, do rituals etc. There is no end to it. Yet even single Chod practice properly done liberates troubles. Just like that. Why is that so? source of all troubles in clinging to ego, and lack of renounciaction. That's really all
kalden yungdrung

Karinos wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:46 pm yes, we may fight half of our lives with enties and demons, beg protectors for protection, read sutras, mantras and dharanis, do rituals etc. There is no end to it. Yet even single Chod practice properly done liberates troubles. Just like that. Why is that so? source of all troubles in clinging to ego, and lack of renounciaction. That's really all
Some of us are all their whole lives busy with their personal fitted methods to combat the negative external forces as well the negative internal forces like conflicting emotions and of course the diminishing of their ego by different methods.

But there exist also the external negative forces like demons etc. which can cause mental as well physical disorders to the humans etc.
These forces are know in the whole world of Buddhism and also outside Buddhism under different names (but stem from the same family)

So i doubt greatly if our ego is the only entity here which is responsible for bad luck, illness, the diminishing of the La /soul, death.
I go more for an inter relationship between ego and the external negative forces.

The Lion a powerful animal goes after weak animals and keep in that way the animals healthy.
The negative forces can enter the body always if the related victim is weak /ill, and enter /visit the person on certain spots.
Also a certain kind of ego , like a very angry mind or proud mind, greedy mind, material, luxury based mind, violent mind (war) etc., is an easy prey for these negative forces, it attracts them.

So there is more between heaven and earth than only our ego.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”