Signs from the Dakinis?

Void

Signs from the Dakinis?

Post by Void »

Even though you have attained the realization of greater One Taste, if you fail to have some degree of clairvoyance
and receive signs from the dakinis, you must be tainted by damaged samayas.
Clarifying the Natural State - Dakpo Tashi Namgyal

What are possible so-called "signs from the dakinis", which seem to indicate significant training progress in Mahamudra (and most likely also in Dzogchen)?
Are there quotes in Mahamudra or Dzogchen literature which describe those?

Thanks! :smile:
Josef

Re: Signs from the Dakinis?

Post by Josef »

Void wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:44 pm
Even though you have attained the realization of greater One Taste, if you fail to have some degree of clairvoyance
and receive signs from the dakinis, you must be tainted by damaged samayas.
Clarifying the Natural State - Dakpo Tashi Namgyal

What are possible so-called "signs from the dakinis", which seem to indicate significant training progress in Mahamudra (and most likely also in Dzogchen)?
Are there quotes in Mahamudra or Dzogchen literature which describe those?

Thanks! :smile:
I suppose you will know when you attain the realization of one taste.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Void

Post by Void »

Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:12 pm I suppose you will know when you attain the realization of one taste.
He was talking about "Greater One Taste" and not about "One Taste".
Josef

Post by Josef »

Void wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:17 pm
Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:12 pm I suppose you will know when you attain the realization of one taste.
He was talking about "Greater One Taste" and not about "One Taste".
I suppose you will know when you attain the realization of greater one taste.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Void

Post by Void »

Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 pm I suppose you will know when you attain the realization of greater one taste.
You didn't understand the quote correctly. It says "Even though you have attained the realization of greater One Taste",
in other words: You can attain the realization of greater one taste but you not necessarily will receive "signs from the dakinis" at that level too.
PSM

Post by PSM »

Better keep samayas too - everything comes from keeping them.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Void wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 pm
Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 pm I suppose you will know when you attain the realization of greater one taste.
You didn't understand the quote correctly. It says "Even though you have attained the realization of greater One Taste",
in other words: You can attain the realization of greater one taste but you will not necessarily will receive "signs from the dakinis" at that level too.
Oh, I understood the quote. It's not too difficult to follow.
Once you attain the realization of greater one taste and purify your tainted samaya, I suppose you will know.
Void

Post by Void »

Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 pm Oh, I understood the quote. It's not too difficult to follow.
Once you attain the realization of greater one taste and purify your tainted samaya, I suppose you will know.
That is not an answer to my question.
I asked for possible examples of signs of dakinis (described in literature).
The quote already described when and how you are supposed to receive signs of the dakinis, therefore it doesn't make sense to repeat more or less correctly the content of the quote.
One could suspect patronizing or other egocentric reasons as the intention behind such behavior.
The ultimate level of such behavior would be to answer every op in any thread in this forum with "Ask your teacher!" or "You will know when you are at that level!" and then close the thread.
This is obviously a forum created for students asking students and a behavior according to that intention is appropriate.
Last edited by Void on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Void wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:54 pm
Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 pm Oh, I understood the quote. It's not too difficult to follow.
The quote already described when and how you are supposed to receive signs of the dakinis, therefore it doesn't make sense to repeat more or less correctly the content of the quote.
One could suspect patronizing or other egocentric reasons as the intention behind such behavior.
The ultimate level of such behavior would be to answer every possible thread in this forum with "Ask your teacher!" and then close the thread.
This is a forum created for students asking students and a behavior according to that intention is appropriate.
It appears that you know the source for the answers already.
You will find the answers you seek by asking your teacher and consulting the specific instruction manuals for which you have received the teachings and transmissions.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

The ultimate level of such behavior would be to answer every op in any thread in this forum with "Ask your teacher!" or "You will know when you are at that level!" and then close the thread.
This is a forum created for students asking students and a behavior according to that intention is appropriate.
Not everything is necessarily proper to discuss in public. Indeed, you should ask your teacher from whom you received Mahamudra instead.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 pm
in other words: You can attain the realization of greater one taste but you will not necessarily will receive "signs from the dakinis" at that level too.
Or end up like Virupa who thought he was getting nowhere because he didn't know the signs and throw your mala in the toilet and give up practice. :lol:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pero wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:02 pm
Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Or end up like Virupa who thought he was getting nowhere because he didn't know the signs and throw your mala in the toilet and give up practice. :lol:
He figured it out :toilet:
PSM

Post by PSM »

Norwegian wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:00 pm
Not everything is necessarily proper to discuss in public. Indeed, you should ask your teacher from whom you received Mahamudra instead.
:good: Worth noting that keeping secret things secret is a samaya vow.
Void

Post by Void »

Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 pm You will find the answers you seek by asking your teacher and consulting the specific instruction manuals for which you have received the teachings and transmissions.
That would be an even better standard patronizing answer to close any thread immedeately after the original post than the ones I suggested!
Obviously my assessment of your intention to post in this thread was correctly.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Void wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 pm
Josef wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 pm You will find the answers you seek by asking your teacher and consulting the specific instruction manuals for which you have received the teachings and transmissions.
That would be an even better standard patronizing answer to close any thread immedeately after the original post than the ones I suggested!
Obviously my assessment of your intention to post in this thread was correctly.
You have no idea.
Void

Post by Void »

PSM wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:07 pm :good: Worth noting that keeping secret things secret is a samaya vow.
I wasn't asking for anyone to break vows.
There are surely descriptions of "signs of the dakinis" in non-restricted mahamudra literature.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Void wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:12 pm
PSM wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:07 pm :good: Worth noting that keeping secret things secret is a samaya vow.
There are surely descriptions of "signs of the dakinis" in non-restricted mahamudra literature.
That's not really how it works.
You receive the teachings, the teacher tells you about the signs, if it is a specific practice manual or tantra that is being taught from, those signs may or may not be elaborated upon.

These things tend to be quite guarded.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

These things are the domain of Vajrayana. As such, they are guarded by samaya. And things guarded by samaya shouldn't be discussed in public.

Either you have samaya, or you don't. If you have it, you should try to take care of it, because not doing so would be unfortunate.

If you don't have samaya, in other words, if you haven't received empowerment from a qualified teacher, and if you haven't received Mahamudra from a qualified teacher, then none of this is your business, actually.

Most people who have samaya understands that there are a number of things which cannot be discussed in public and won't do so.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Norwegian wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:17 pm
These things are the domain of Vajrayana. As such, they are guarded by samaya. And things guarded by samaya shouldn't be discussed in public.

Either you have samaya, or you don't. If you have it, you should try to take care of it, because not doing so would be unfortunate.

If you don't have samaya, in other words, if you haven't received empowerment from a qualified teacher, and if you haven't received Mahamudra from a qualified teacher, then none of this is your business, actually.

Most people who have samaya understands that there are a number of things which cannot be discussed in public and won't do so.
That sums it up.
PSM

Post by PSM »

Norwegian wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:17 pm These things are the domain of Vajrayana. As such, they are guarded by samaya.
And, ironically, dakinis.

Return to “Mahamudra”