Intense Guru Dragphur?

Tenma

Intense Guru Dragphur?

Post by Tenma »

How intense is this practice? I found a group of ChNN'S followers in Texas that are able to transmit the practice, but before I make a decision of taking up this practice, how intense is it? Would this be a wise practice to take up for a 15 year old busy with school work and studies? Is there a daily commitment to it? Or can one practice it until it seems as though the attacks by spirits seem to have ended? If there is indeed a commitment, how long does it take to practice the sadhana?
Aryjna

Re: Intense Guru Dragphur?

Post by Aryjna »

The important question here is why do you actually believe that they can transmit anything. Also, since when are initiations given by groups of people.
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

Tenma wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm How intense is this practice? I found a group of ChNN'S followers in Texas that are able to transmit the practice
This sounds sketchy. I would only receive the transmission directly from Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche himself, either in person or through a webcast. Rinpoche gives a world wide transmission three times a year, and during one of these, he will also give a transmission for the entire thun book, which contains the Guru Dragphur practice. I believe the transmission that is happening this weekend is the one that includes the thun book transmission, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable can verify that and give the proper date if need be.

In any case, once you get the transmission from Namkhai Norbu (and ONLY Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche), you can do this practice whenever you want. Intense is a weird term to be using. Your main practice commitment in the Dzogchen Community is to do Guru Yoga as often as possible and try to be present throughout your day. Guru Dragphur is a secondary practice that you apply as necessary. If you want to do only Guru Dragphur for the next 6 months for 12 hours a day, feel free. If you want to do it just once for the rest of the month of July, that is fine too. It is a short and concise practice, and you can spend anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours doing one of the variations of the practice.

Of course, if you want to receive the Guru Dragphur from another qualified lineage holder, you are more than welcome to, but in that case the above advice is useless, as this is specific to Namkhai Norbu and how he teaches.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Tenma wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm How intense is this practice? I found a group of ChNN'S followers in Texas that are able to transmit the practice, but before I make a decision of taking up this practice, how intense is it? Would this be a wise practice to take up for a 15 year old busy with school work and studies? Is there a daily commitment to it? Or can one practice it until it seems as though the attacks by spirits seem to have ended? If there is indeed a commitment, how long does it take to practice the sadhana?
ChNN gives the lung periodically, I am not sure why a "group" would be trying to transmit it. Has anyone heard of this before?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Tenma wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm How intense is this practice? I found a group of ChNN'S followers in Texas that are able to transmit the practice,...
I'm not aware of a DC group in Texas:

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
florin

Post by florin »

Tenma wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm How intense is this practice? I found a group of ChNN'S followers in Texas that are able to transmit the practice, but before I make a decision of taking up this practice, how intense is it? Would this be a wise practice to take up for a 15 year old busy with school work and studies? Is there a daily commitment to it? Or can one practice it until it seems as though the attacks by spirits seem to have ended? If there is indeed a commitment, how long does it take to practice the sadhana?

15 year old ?
A group that transmits Guru Tragpur ? :shock:
Are you sure?
Motova

Post by Motova »

ChNN teaches Dzogchen and the only commitment is daily Guru Yoga.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

florin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:24 pm

15 year old ?
Are you sure?
Clearly, Tenma is desparate about perceived spirit attacks. If Dragphur practice is appropriate to his problem his age is not a massive issue.
But this group, if it is offering GD empowerments in the name of ChNN, needs to be exposed and dealt with.
Last edited by Mantrik on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Have you received DI from ChNN yet?
That needs to come first (AFAIK) before receiving other DC practices.
Also, if you have, you have probably already received the practice he gave lung for the thuns.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
florin

Post by florin »

climb-up wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm
Also, if you have, you have probably already received the practice he gave lung for the thuns.
Maybe Tenma misunderstood.
They could probably just be a group of practitioners that can help with how to do the practice correctly.This is fine .Is quite possible that he/she misinterpreted this as them being able to actually transmit(wang and all)the practice.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Mantrik wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 pm

15 year old ?
Are you sure?
Clearly, Tenma is desparate about perceived spirit attacks. If Dragphur practice is appropriate to his problem his age is not a massive issue.
But this group, if it is offering GD empowerments in the name of ChNN, needs to be exposed and dealt with.
The best remedy for perceived spirit attacks is Lojong and Bodhicitta. And you don't need empowerment for either of those two...
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

15 year old ?
Are you sure?
Okay, no. This is not pedophilia and this is online with a recommendation from the Mirror responders. Either way, this group is WAY too far away from the part in Texas I live in.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Norwegian wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 pm

15 year old ?
Are you sure?
The best remedy for perceived spirit attacks is Lojong and Bodhicitta. And you don't need empowerment for either of those two...
I did say 'if'.
However, that is for ChNN or another Guru to advise, and I know as a certainty that for a specific kind of problem ChNN gives personal advice that GD is best.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

15 year old ?
Are you sure?
Not spirit attacks. The problem is CONNECTIONS with a spirit that I once worshiped whom you might say, is Dharmawheel's Voldemort(DON'T SAY THE NAME!!!).
So Dragphur is alright to solving the issue and I can take it at my age? Or do you have another suggestion to the problem?
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

climb-up wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm
A DI? I haven't received a single thing from him yet!
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Mantrik wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 pm
Norwegian wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 pm

I did say 'if'.
However, that is for ChNN or another Guru to advise, and I know as a certainty that for a specific kind of problem ChNN gives personal advice that GD is best.
Does it look like I would be able to meet ChNN face to face at this age and time? Unless you have a way on how to do so online.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Tenma,

Stop jumping around from one practice to another. I gave you advice at your request. If you're not going to follow that advice, then please don't PM me again.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

And with pemachophel's sensible response, it's time to lock this thread. Further responses by others can be handled via PM.

Return to “Dzogchen”