Mipham Rinpoche channels Weinstein:

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Malcolm

Mipham Rinpoche channels Weinstein:

Post by Malcolm »

"Another woman alleges that she was called by a kusung at 11 or 12 pm to come to the Sakyong’s suite after a program. When she got there, he was undressed except for a robe. “Then he led me into his room and began kissing me and removing my clothes. I said I could not have sex with him. He seemed stunned. He thought for a while and pushed my face down towards his penis and said, ‘Well you might as well finish this.’ I was so embarrassed and horrified I did it.” (Stories of Women Survivors in the BPS Report).

http://andreamwinn.com/project_sunshine ... Report.pdf
Simon E.

Re: Mipham Rinpoche channels Wienstein:

Post by Simon E. »

well apples don't fall far from the tree it seems.
I am waiting for the statement from DJKR detailing exactly why it's all her fault.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Disgusting.
Mipham deliberately stated that he wouldn’t be reborn in this world. I always thought it odd that this guy wore his name.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

I don't trust any of these pricks. I am fortunate to have met real teachers. I am so fortunate. Real teachers seem few and far between.

Kevin...
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

According to some, it is all "one taste."

Kevin...
PSM

Post by PSM »

Virgo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:31 pm According to some, it is all "one taste."
Yes, the question is what it tastes like...
Terma

Post by Terma »

Virgo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm I am fortunate to have met real teachers. I am so fortunate. Real teachers seem few and far between.

Kevin...
I feel the same. But I think that there are plenty of authentic teachers available to us. I guess some don't have the merit and conditions to connect with one, which is a sad thing.

The real teachers just seem to shine in wisdom, bodhicitta and warmth. When you can tell that it is genuine, then this is an authentic guru.
Quay

Post by Quay »

The BPS report certainly is sobering reading. To say the very least.

In contrast I'm also very happy that there are teachers out there, as the sayings go, who though their view is as high and vast as the sky they keep their conduct as fine as barely flour.
"Knowledge is as infinite as the stars in the sky;
There is no end to all the subjects one could study.
It is better to grasp straight away their very essence--
The unchanging fortress of the Dharmakaya."

– Longchenpa.
Snowbear

Post by Snowbear »

Don’t flatter yourselves. I’m sure most “real teachers” do it too.
Quay

Post by Quay »

Snowbear wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:59 pm Don’t flatter yourselves. I’m sure most “real teachers” do it too.
What is the basis of your surety?
"Knowledge is as infinite as the stars in the sky;
There is no end to all the subjects one could study.
It is better to grasp straight away their very essence--
The unchanging fortress of the Dharmakaya."

– Longchenpa.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Snowbear wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:59 pm Don’t flatter yourselves. I’m sure most “real teachers” do it too.
It's beginning to become very clear that you have absolutely zero experience in terms of the teacher/student relationship.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Like father, like son. There is some really unpleasant material in that report, and unfortunately it’s very believable.

So many aspects of their organization seem suspect - their constant fundraising, the “court”, the secrecy about their practices, etc. Is what they teach even the dharma?

I don’t understand why all these people around him are so determined to create and protect this “community”, “mandala”, “family” or whatever you want to call it. Clinging to this seems to be a major part of the problem.
Last edited by PeterC on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Quay wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 pm
Lord Acton is usually right, even when it comes to god kings.
Josef

Post by Josef »

PeterC wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:04 pm Like father, like son. There is some really unpleasant material in that report, and unfortunately it’s very believable.

So many aspects of their organization seem suspect - their constant fundraising, the “court”, the secrecy about their practices, etc. Is what they teach even the dharma?

While the fault is clearly with the teacher, something I don’t understand (and which was visible with Sogyal and with CTr) is why all these people around him are so determined to create and protect this “community”, “mandala”, “family” or whatever you want to call it. Clinging to this seems to be a major part of the problem.
The ease with which one becomes an “acharya” has always been bizarre as well.
Snowbear

Post by Snowbear »

Quay wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 pm
Coming to light about it is a new phenomenon.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

"real teacher" means someone who doesn't engage in abuse.

Kevin....
PSM

Post by PSM »

PeterC wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:04 pm Is what they teach even the dharma?
A good chunk of it seems to be similar to play-acting. The notion of putting someone in a 'stockade' should be a red flag, especially post-Stanford prison experiment
Snowbear

Post by Snowbear »

Virgo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:12 pm

Kevin....
How would you know that they don't?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Snowbear wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:17 pm
Virgo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:12 pm

Kevin....
How would you know that they don't?
By observing their conduct. This is quite simple really. Once one gains some experience with this relationship and actually commits to diligently practicing it’s quite clear when a teacher embodies the qualities of the dharma and when one does not. None of the revelations about these individuals has been a surprise. The warning signs have always been there. They prey upon the inexperienced.
Last edited by Josef on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowbear

Post by Snowbear »

PSM wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:16 pm
PeterC wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:04 pm Is what they teach even the dharma?
A good chunk of it seems to be similar to play-acting. The notion of putting someone in a 'stockade' should be a red flag, especially post-Stanford prison experiment
I feel this is nitpicking now. If there were no sexual allegations, you and PeterC probably wouldn't think much of any of that. I don't think this due to Shambhala's "weirdness." I actually think most Tibetan Lamas, even the ones with "wisdom, bodhicitta, and warmth," do the same as Mipham.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”