Buddhahood in This Life

Mr. G

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Mr. G »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 pm
Mr. G wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:44 pm I don't use facebook. Is there an alternative way to register and pay?
You are registered. Make your donation at the door. :-)
Thanks! :thumbsup:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
bfaus

Post by bfaus »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 pm
bfaus wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm Will there be an online broadcast of this event? I would be interested if that were possible and would still be happy to pay the donation fee. Thank you!
I cannot promise anything, but if you attended the online lung, then I think I can make the recordings available.

Thank you Malcolm! I did attend the online event/lung for the book.
fuki

Post by fuki »

Grigoris wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:36 am If they have eyes and understand English then of course they can read it, but it won't mean much to them and it may not be all that helpful.
Shoot! I have the book (haven't started yet)
I'll read it but when unhelpful, is there any place I can donate it too? All books I'm "done with" I give away if the "right person" appears. But having no Vajrayana introduction (apart from sitting with the Maitreya institute a few times which I assume doesn't count) is that institute a good place to donate it too?
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen nederland.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

fuki wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:53 pm
Grigoris wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:36 am If they have eyes and understand English then of course they can read it, but it won't mean much to them and it may not be all that helpful.
Shoot! I have the book (haven't started yet)
I'll read it but when unhelpful, is there any place I can donate it too? All books I'm "done with" I give away if the "right person" appears. But having no Vajrayana introduction (apart from sitting with the Maitreya institute a few times which I assume doesn't count) is that institute a good place to donate it too?
Give it to someone who practices Dzogchen. :-) I am sure there is someone here who may want it.
fuki

Post by fuki »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:58 pm
Give it to someone who practices Dzogchen. :-) I am sure there is someone here who may want it.
Ok thanks will do. :smile:
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen nederland.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/
Kris

Post by Kris »

Hi,

I just want to put it out there that I strongly believe this seminar is an occasion not to be missed. We have the rare opportunity to dive into one of the oldest texts that gives a comprehensive commentary to the Dzogchen tantras; and what's even better is we will have the chance to learn from someone who knows the language precisely and can give an accurate presentation of what is being explained in this sublime text. I have met Acarya Malcolm in person and I can say without a doubt that he has clarified a lot of the confusion I had. Anyways I just wanted to share that because I think this is important.
:namaste:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

I am personally slowly digesting this amazing text. So far, any of my confusions emerge from my own lack of understanding, not the clarity of the text. The text gradually becomes more clear as I integrate it. I feel slow, and this text just elucidates how little I understand and know. :anjali:
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Sennin wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 am Hi,

I just want to put it out there that I strongly believe this seminar is an occasion not to be missed. We have the rare opportunity to dive into one of the oldest texts that gives a comprehensive commentary to the Dzogchen tantras; and what's even better is we will have the chance to learn from someone who knows the language precisely and can give an accurate presentation of what is being explained in this sublime text. I have met Acarya Malcolm in person and I can say without a doubt that he has clarified a lot of the confusion I had. Anyways I just wanted to share that because I think this is important.
:good:

For that reason I very much hope that some format of recording will be available after the event for those of us who cannot be there. I and I'm sure others would be happy to contribute to any costs involved.
krodha

Post by krodha »

Who else is planning to go to Santa Fe? I am.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

PeterC wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:21 am
Sennin wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 am Hi,

:good:

For that reason I very much hope that some format of recording will be available after the event for those of us who cannot be there.
Yes, there will be. Eventually.
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

krodha wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:39 am Who else is planning to go to Santa Fe? I am.

Same.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

krodha wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:39 am Who else is planning to go to Santa Fe? I am.
I'll be there 8-)
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

I plan on it.
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

I'm planning to arrive sometime late on Friday night, unfortunately after the intro teaching, and attend the teachings on Saturay and Sunday.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

I'll be there for the entire event. Looking forward to it.
schubertian

Post by schubertian »

I will be attending the whole thing - staying at the Comfort Inn near by.
My flight back to Dallas is at 4pm on Monday so I might schedule in a trip
to Taos where my aunt used to live in the 1950s.
Looking forward to it
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:49 pm
Fa Dao wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Choying Dzod is largely considered a commentary on the view of the so called mind series. As such, it mainly concerns the topic of the basis.
your book seems to have considerably more breadth to it....gotta say it again...so many "gaps" that are being filled....know what I mean? I know now why you chose this...

It chose me. It was part of the four volume cycle of the Gongs pa zang thal. Though Longchenpa's tshig don mdzod has many more citations, it is not fundamentally different than this text, and excludes topics such as the nidana section, and so on.
I started reading " elaborations on emptiness uses of the heart sutra" and when Lopez gets to the
the nidana's it brought me back to revisit Buddhahood and the very detailed section on the nidanas including
the information you give in the introduction on the nidana's.
Lopez goes into some detail on the nidana's but Buddhahood really nails it .Bravo.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:49 pm
Lukeinaz wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:34 pm Where can i find a concise explanation of how and why the base arises from the base?
Buddhahood in this Life, topics one and two.
It seems the all basis (not sure what you are calling this and have yet to discover in Buddhahood) would be superfluous if all samsara and nirvana already arise from the generic basis.

Topic eight is pure gold and every time I open your book this is where I end up.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lukeinaz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:29 pm
Lukeinaz wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:34 pm Where can i find a concise explanation of how and why the base arises from the base?
It seems the all basis (not sure what you are calling this and have yet to discover in Buddhahood) would be superfluous if all samsara and nirvana already arise from the generic basis.
The all-basis (ālaya, kun gzhi) is just a name for the imputing ignorance.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:40 pm
Lukeinaz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:29 pm

The all-basis (ālaya, kun gzhi) is just a name for the imputing ignorance.
:shock: :thanks:

Return to “Dzogchen”