Thank you, Aryjna!
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Moha

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Moha »

meepits wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:03 am Reading The Practice in Daily Life, and enjoying him complaining about people who send him 5 page emails.

Apologies for hijacking your question, meepits - I'm just a little curious how one goes about emailing Rinpoche. Is there a publicly available address one can use to contact Rinpoche personally?
meepits

Post by meepits »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:56 pm
meepits wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:03 am Reading The Practice in Daily Life, and enjoying him complaining about people who send him 5 page emails.

Apologies for hijacking your question, meepits - I'm just a little curious how one goes about emailing Rinpoche. Is there a publicly available address one can use to contact Rinpoche personally?
If someone would like to PM you about this, someone can. :shrug: Regardless, it’s important to remember he seems to struggle to respond to everyone.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

I also have something important to ask and have been thinking recently about getting the email. I would appreciate it if someone can PM me on how to find the address.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Please do not write to Rinpoche right now. Wait till we know he is as fit as a fiddle again.

Edmond Jabès
PSM

Post by PSM »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:04 pm Please do not write to Rinpoche right now. Wait till we know he is as fit as a fiddle again.
You can write to senior students such as Jim Valby. For many things they are as able as Rinpoche to provide great advice.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:04 pm Please do not write to Rinpoche right now. Wait till we know he is as fit as a fiddle again.
I would not write immediately of course, there would be no point anyway. I was probably going to ask in person during the retreat but it was not possible, and also it is not a very good thing for hundreds of people to keep going up to him in person when they may be catching a cold. I think an email is preferable in this regard now that more care has to be taken for his health.
meepits

Post by meepits »

Sorry, I feel indirectly responsible for raising this issue of emailing ChNN. When he wrote that complaint about people sending him massive emails, this was already back in 2001. I’m sure the email traffic is even worse these days, so let’s bear that in mind.

I was really just wondering what GY is like for others.
meepits

Post by meepits »

PSM wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 pm
You can write to senior students such as Jim Valby. For many things they are as able as Rinpoche to provide great advice.
I did this a couple months ago, got a good response within the week.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

meepits wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:45 pm
PSM wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 pm
I did this a couple months ago, got a good response within the week.
Yes, that is a good idea, I have done it as well.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

meepits wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 pm
It is possible that most people do not want to discuss it publicly.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

I would endorse the advice to contact senior students rather than ChNN.

Please don;t publish their email addresses on the forum, though. Let's try to find a way to refer people or they too may be inundated with trivia.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
PSM

Post by PSM »

meepits wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 pm Sorry, I feel indirectly responsible for raising this issue of emailing ChNN. When he wrote that complaint about people sending him massive emails, this was already back in 2001. I’m sure the email traffic is even worse these days, so let’s bear that in mind.

In the end we can't even share our experiences of eating chocolate. I'm sure there's a good chance sharing experience of things like non-conceptual meditation might be counter productive as it's going to lead to more conceptual judgement. Literally making you more pre-judiced. I heard Wim Hof once say 'to do is to understand', and that had a strong impact on my practice. Now I try to trust the teachings and my experience of implementing them and not worry. Doubt is after all just another thought...
meepits

Post by meepits »

Aryjna wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 pm
meepits wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 pm
It is possible that most people do not want to discuss it publicly.
Got it.
Moha

Post by Moha »

meepits wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:46 pm If someone would like to PM you about this, someone can. :shrug: Regardless, it’s important to remember he seems to struggle to respond to everyone.
meepits wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 pm Sorry, I feel indirectly responsible for raising this issue of emailing ChNN. When he wrote that complaint about people sending him massive emails, this was already back in 2001. I’m sure the email traffic is even worse these days, so let’s bear that in mind.

Mantrik wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:03 pm I would endorse the advice to contact senior students rather than ChNN.

Please don;t publish their email addresses on the forum, though. Let's try to find a way to refer people or they too may be inundated with trivia.
Sorry for causing a stir, everyone. I was just thinking about contacting Rinpoche in the future and was curious how one goes about doing that. No doubt it must be difficult for Rinpoche to respond to everyone given his health and age. That and the fact that his inbox probably blows up every couple of hours.

Thank you for all the advice. Apologies to meepits again. Back into my hole for now.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:26 amBack into my hole for now.
Well, that was not my intention. I am sorry if I incidentally shooed you away. Communication is certainly crucial, you need to ask questions about crucial things and receive clear answers.

Edmond Jabès
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Anyone have this recording http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 00848.html and can tell me if it includes a recording of the Brief Ganapuja of Jigmed Lingpa?
meepits

Post by meepits »

Good to get the email from Dzamling Gar saying that his health is slowly getting better.

On another subject - in Practice in Daily Life, Rinpoche suggests doing a very scaled back ganapuja, different from the normal rites, in situations where you’re eating but it would be inappropriate to draw attention to yourself. So I’m assuming this is even simpler than the simple ganapuja in the Thun book. But he doesn’t say exactly what to do.

Can anyone share here or PM me what form of ganapuja he’s talking about?

Thanks folks
M
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

meepits wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 pm Good to get the email from Dzamling Gar saying that his health is slowly getting better.

On another subject - in Practice in Daily Life, Rinpoche suggests doing a very scaled back ganapuja, different from the normal rites, in situations where you’re eating but it would be inappropriate to draw attention to yourself. So I’m assuming this is even simpler than the simple ganapuja in the Thun book. But he doesn’t say exactly what to do.

Can anyone share here or PM me what form of ganapuja he’s talking about?

Thanks folks
M
Not sure if this helps, but here is my post with several quotes about the topic from a short while back:
LolCat wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:27 pm
heart wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:11 am Meat and alcohol are not necessary during regular meals, just ganapujas. The general idea with ganapuja is that those that participate should be practitioners, so if not everyone in your family is a practitioner then you should not try to change those meals in to ganapujas. Also, whatever you eat you can imagine it as an offering to the guru without saying or doing anything.

/magnus
I didn't realize that, I was more concerned with keeping my meat-eating a secret, I will take care that I don't convert a possibly shared meal into a ganapuja, like when having a meal outside where a friend or co-worker might share my food. My family is halfway across the world thankfully, they would be horrified if they learnt that I started eating meat and drinking alcohol. :lol:
Grigoris wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:40 am This is exactly what I do and it works perfectly for me.
That's great to hear. :smile:
Malcolm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:51 pm
LolCat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 pm I remember reading that every meal should be a Ganapuja, that is what sparked my question.

You can accomplish that merely by reciting om ah hum over your food and then seeing it as the five meats and five nectars. No need to get meat or booze.
Thank you, that simplifies things a lot.
meepits

Post by meepits »

Excellent lolcat (applause for your username btw), that works. Thanks.

Return to “Dzogchen”